Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I finally got it! After some confusion at the FFL (the normal guys was out so it was slow, but I still got it :)

Here is what I got

(XD 9mm SC, 1x10rd short mag, 1x10rd full size mag, 1x16rd extended mag)

Went to the range, put 100rds thru it. I did ok for first time with new gun. the other guy is the pic is my brother-in-law he shot his .380 sig, nice small gun, he is ex-marine so his 3" groups made me look bad, lol.

I know my stance is off feel free to correct....kindly

All in all it was a good day, no jams, or any problems at all really, had a blast cant wait to go out again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun!

As for stance, et al, I would ask you BIL, he should know very well. As well, take a look at some youtube videos and write ups on line to get you pointed in the right direction. Hard to tell from the pick, but one thing that jumps out, don't lean back. If you are going to lean, lean forward a little but (most stances have you lean forward a wee bit). But there are tons of different stances, some better than others, and which ones are best isn't really universal. It is whatever you are most comfortable with and shoot the best, and you should learn to be proficient with all shooting stances.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is my first MOD...

Turned out nice...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ears are in, they are just hard to see. Thou I was not wearing eyes. Should have been but they always mess with my sight. I need to get a good pair that are clear and not scratched.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Ears are in, they are just hard to see. Thou I was not wearing eyes. Should have been but they always mess with my sight. I need to get a good pair that are clear and not scratched.

Good idea. I have tried many brands and there are two that I have used that are optically correct. WileyX and Oakley. If you have perfect eyes (like me) elcheapo eyepro that is not correct optically, will give you a headache. WileyX makes some good eyepro at good prices too........

·
Registered
340 Posts
Here is my first MOD...

Turned out nice...
I like it! I'm trying out red and white right now. I have red on the top and right side, white on the left. Was going to leave both of those on until I figured out which I like more. That green looks nice though, I might have to try that

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Boris-nice, thanks ill look into the WileyX glasses (no pun intended), Oakleys are just sooo expensive for any style I like.

@ChaoP-ya, it turned out nice, I just wished it look as green as it does when I heat it. It's super neon green when it's hot...but if you like the color it's called "yellow-green".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts