Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after HR discovered they were talking just a little too much out for insurance, for the last 3 years
I get a nice check yesterday. first thought through my mind is free money equals new pistol!
I started calling the local gunshops and after the 4th one I located an XD service model 9mm
since I am not able to get there till tomorrow morning the shop owner was kind enough to pull it to the back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
well after HR discovered they were talking just a little too much out for insurance, for the last 3 years
I get a nice check yesterday. first thought through my mind is free money equals new pistol!
I started calling the local gunshops and after the 4th one I located an XD service model 9mm
since I am not able to get there till tomorrow morning the shop owner was kind enough to pull it to the back.
Hope you like it as much as I do mine. First semi-auto pistol ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the service model in 40 cal and wanted the same pistol just in the less expensive to shoot 9mm

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
^^^ They are addictive :cool:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a 9mm service, and love it you will too.2500+ rounds in just a few month's and no malfunctions at all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that is a plus!!
just wish the 9mm mags would work with my .40
I was reading the rules to the free mags too bad I couldn't request two 9mm and one 40 but looks to be a no go!

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Congrats, I think the 4" service models are a great gun.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Will you sleep tonight?? LOL! I remember when I got my first XD, and in a 4" service. Couldn't wait to get that dude home and on the range. They are great pistols.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My xD9 service is my first ever pistol. I purchased it on Aug 6th during an event sale. Of course they sold out so I had to wait about a week before they had them in stock and on top of that since I'm in Cali I had to wait 10 days before picking it up. It was a long wait but worth it. I've only shot it once at the range and can't wait to go back. Congrats!!

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
how much does it cost?
I've seen them running anywhere from $450-550 (new), but that does depend on geographic location.

I've been thinking of getting another one (used) to turn into an open gun.

BarStow barrel (like Latham has in his Bianchi prepped 5.25 experiment), a tungsten guide rod (Like L), frame/slide/barrel tightening (like L), slide lightening like the 5.25, Machining so I can mount a Leupold red dot, and a trip to Canyon Creek for some trigger work.

It should be an awesome setup, and capable of very fast cycling ... The only tough part will be locating the guide rod.
It seems the aftermarket crowd is running out of steam for the XD ... But I have hope, and think I will find one :D

·
Banned
38,922 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
http://www.jetguns.com/springfield-black-p-245.html
This is what I bought, the 4 inch 9mm black package with 2 SS 16+1 mags from Jet Guns for $419.00 and that included 2 day delivery to my FFL, going to shoot it for the first time this weekend!!! Also picked up the blackhawk holster which is sweeeet...

BLACKHAWK! SERPA CQC w/Matte Finish - BLACKHAWK!
Here's the holster I got....added the fuzy velcro on the inside and it fits perfect, I use the paddle too. .

congrats on the new toy!!!

dan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
took the new XD9 to shoot Sunday
I could shoot better with the 40 than the 9 but the 40 has about 600 rounds through it, and well the 9 just now has 100
all the shots were to the left elevation was good just left

I was wondering if the slide from the 9 would work on the frame of the 40
they both are the service model

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
took the new XD9 to shoot Sunday
I could shoot better with the 40 than the 9 but the 40 has about 600 rounds through it, and well the 9 just now has 100
all the shots were to the left elevation was good just left

I was wondering if the slide from the 9 would work on the frame of the 40
they both are the service model
YES, it will.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts