Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an XD9 Service Essentials Package last Friday (XD9101HC,
S/N XD110706), and pick it up (after the 3 day wait) tomorrow. I researched several guns before finally deciding that the XD9 Service model was "it", and like the song goes:

"I'm so excited, I just can't hide it,
I'm about to loose control and I think I like it."

(but I don't think the song was written about buying a new gun). ;)

PC

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats sir! Welcome to the addiction, er... hobby!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
No, but "I feel good (I got you)" was. Ha-Ha
The XD9 Service is a great gun to own in all respects. That was the first model I bought in later years and is a gun I won't part with. The XD9 is just too versatile. I also conceal carry it with no problem whatsoever. Get it and don't let it go.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and I assure you it will bring you no disappointment:)

I have an XD9 service myself and it has been problem free since the day of purchase.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What states are you guys in? I went to my local shop in Ohio and walked out with a new XDSC about 25 minutes later? Every state must be differant

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What states are you guys in? I went to my local shop in Ohio and walked out with a new XDSC about 25 minutes later? Every state must be differant
I live in Palm Bay, Florida. Wait period w/o CCW license 3 business days; I'm getting my CCW 7/27. No wait with CCW license...just background check which is typically while you wait. I have no problem with 3-day wait if transaction is through a local gun shop. Gun Show purchasing w/o CCW is another matter....PITA if seller isn't local.

·
Registered
157 Posts
you could always move to georgia. no wait or background check with firearms license. fill out 4473, copy DL and GFL, pay money, and leave. took me 5 1/2 minutes the other day.
I dont know if i could handle even a 3 day wait anymore.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I bought an XD9 Service Essentials Package last Friday (XD9101HC,
S/N XD110706), and pick it up (after the 3 day wait) tomorrow. I researched several guns before finally deciding that the XD9 Service model was "it", and like the song goes:

"I'm so excited, I just can't hide it,
I'm about to loose control and I think I like it."

(but I don't think the song was written about buying a new gun). ;)

PC
Yeah!!! Congrats!

I'm only on day four of my ten day wait for my new XD 40!

Hope you enjoy your new pistol!
Congratulations to both of you!!!!!!!:p Your both will be happy with your purchases and they are worth the wait!!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I live in Texas, waiting is not an option. I haven't bought a gun in a while. The XD9 Service was my first. I just traded a taurus for the coveted XDSC 9mm ( I got the better end of the deal)

I wonder what it will be like when I walk into a dealer and show my conceal license and cut the 30+ minute wait to about 5?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congratulations to both of you!!!!!!!:p Your both will be happy with your purchases and they are worth the wait!!!!
Thanks Elkbow! I know I'll be happy with my purchase! It's my most anticipated purchase yet and pistol #3 for me... + 2 long guns makes 5 total and now everyone in my house can be armed with one to spare :cool:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Great on your new XD9! :D I have a XD9 Tactical and a XD45 Service and like them both. You will really enjoy shooting yours.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I told my wife we are going to start breaking it in this weekend.
She asked: " Are we going to the shooting range Saturday ?"
I told her "No, you're gonna rack the slide and dry-fire it for a few hours while watching your Sex in the City re-runs."

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I told my wife we are going to start breaking it in this weekend.
She asked: " Are we going to the shooting range Saturday ?"
I told her "No, you're gonna rack the slide and dry-fire it for a few hours while watching your Sex in the City re-runs."
LOL

Enjoy the new gun ... And, welcome to the forum !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts