Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a buddy order a XDm 40c for me earlier this week. Today I rush down to grab it. It's my anniversary so I was rushing, didn't even check it out, just filled out the paperwork, paid and left. The shop owner lives across the street so he brought it to me on his way home after the paperwork cleared. This is the first time I have bought from him.

So couple hours later I open the box, and damnit, its just a XDm 40 3.8, not the compact.

Tim

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would be taking it back to him and letting him know that he ordered the wrong gun for you. Even though you signed for the gun he still ordered it wrong. When I went to order my gun at my local gun store he tried to order the 3.8 with the full size grip. Thankfully I corrected him before he placed the order. I love my compact 40.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Wooooooops! That sucks! Gonna send it back? DIY grip chop? Keep it and buy another? Either way I bet ya check the package next time... Heh.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Is the only difference the grip and magazine options?

Tim
yes that is the only difference, you wont be able to use the compact mags unless you "grip chop".

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was totally sold on the compact, now that I have it I am kinda glad this happened. I like the fullsize grip and the consistency of using the same magazines, and not changing my technique for a different magazine.

Also odd, was that the box didn't come with any paperwork. No manual, or anything. My buddy bought a similar gun today and said there were all kinds of ads and paperwork in his box.

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I was totally sold on the compact, now that I have it I am kinda glad this happened. I like the fullsize grip and the consistency of using the same magazines, and not changing my technique for a different magazine.

Also odd, was that the box didn't come with any paperwork. No manual, or anything. My buddy bought a similar gun today and said there were all kinds of ads and paperwork in his box.

Tim
Pull out the foam in the top part of your case and see if it was stuffed in there :) there should also be a fired casing in a pouch and your warranty card and all that good stuff. if not id go back to your dealer and ask for it!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pull out the foam in the top part of your case and see if it was stuffed in there :) there should also be a fired casing in a pouch and your warranty card and all that good stuff. if not id go back to your dealer and ask for it!
The pouch with the fired casing is there. No luck on under the foam.

Just handled it some more, super comfortable, feels right in my hands. The night sights are amazing in the dark.

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
The pouch with the fired casing is there. No luck on under the foam.

Just handled it some more, super comfortable, feels right in my hands. The night sights are amazing in the dark.

Tim
id go let the lgs know about it being the wrong gun and ask for the paperwork.. he might have not put it back in the case when he was looking for the guns sn? but if you like the normal grip thats fine too.. just know that the compact model comes with 1 compact mag and one fullsize with a grip sleeve to make it a full size grip... kinda handy to have imo.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Yes that was the feature that I liked the most when I placed the order. I handled and shot a friend's xdm 40c and really liked it.

Tim
well you have options yet.. either bring it back and get the correct one or do a grip chop, there are threads here somewhere with pics on how to do it im sure. Ive seen a few.. if done correctly they really dont look that bad :).... on a side note im not one for cutting up a perfectly good and expensive gun but. to each his own!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well you have options yet.. either bring it back and get the correct one or do a grip chop, there are threads here somewhere with pics on how to do it im sure. Ive seen a few.. if done correctly they really dont look that bad :).... on a side note im not one for cutting up a perfectly good and expensive gun but. to each his own!
Yeah that's not gonna happen.

I went out in the shop and handled the gun more, and it feels so natural in my hands. I've had the opportunity to shoot a lot of guns, and this feels great.

My choice is easy, keep this one!

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Yeah that's not gonna happen.

I went out in the shop and handled the gun more, and it feels so natural in my hands. I've had the opportunity to shoot a lot of guns, and this feels great.

My choice is easy, keep this one!

Tim
sounds like a plan! you can always use it as an excuse to buy a compact later!:D

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Is the only difference the grip and magazine options?

Tim
Yes. The xdm .40 is the sixteen round mag only. The compact offers the 11 as well as the 16.
I would take back. As long as you haven't put rounds through it you should be ok.

The same thing almost happened to my son-in-law. We went to the store so he could buy a xdm 3.8c..I was shopping when the clerk brought out the xdm 3.8. My son-in-law was looking at it when I walked over to him.
I asked him if he wanted the 3.8 or the 3.8 compact?
The clerk went back and got the right pistol.

In the meantime I put a Ruger GP100 stainless steel .357 mag with a six inch barrel on lay-a-way. Next year I will take it out to the woods and say " Here bambi?"

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me when i bought the 3.8 compact for the wife. I had to drive 55 miles to find out he had the wrong gun. Glad I caught it before the paperwork was started. Had to wait 2 more weeks to pick up the right one. I even sent him a link and description of exactly what I wanted. He did not handle the situation well and I am no longer doing business with him.

I would get the gun you ordered. Don't settle for less.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Or just buy the correct gun also and have two.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts