Springfield XD Forum banner

Picked up my XD-9!

706 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  TimXD9 
#1 ·
After months of waiting I finally convinced myself that I needed an XD 9, I fired the Glock 17/19 as well but I fell in love with the XD-9 when I fired it. I picked it up for $479 OTD which was about $100 less than any of the other stores around me. I promptly went to the range and put 70 or so rounds through it. This may or may not be a stupid question but do these 'soften' up at all in terms of usability of racking the slide back, slide release etc? My hands are a bit inflamed and sore atm so that was probably the problem but I thought I would ask anyways :-D

#3 ·
Congrats and welcome. Yeah it'll break in over time, you just have to keep shooting it. Keep it cleaned and well oiled and it'll be an even better gun after several hundered rounds. I want my wife to buy me a subcompact XD 9 with nightsights for Christmas, excellent choice!

#5 ·
Congrats and Welcome from Sunny FL!

+1 on the Softening

#6 ·
:p Glad to hear it'll soften up a bit. I'm going to have to wait a few days before putting a few more through it my hands are pretty bruised after last nights firing session. I have 100 rnd box of 9mm sitting here so i'm good to go as soon as the hands recover a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.