Springfield XD Forum banner

Picked up my first XD yesterday

928 views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  SgtWKPII 
#1 ·
Went to the Lima, OH gun show yesterday, sold my Taurus PT92 right off the bat and went looking for an XD9 Tactical. However, when the dust settled I grabbed an XD40 Service model with trijicon night sights brand spank'n new for $460 (included the 7% tax).

Took it out and put 200 thru it yesterday afternoon and fell in love with the gun. My friend who has a Glock 22 certainly loved the XD as well. He sounded pretty tempted to pick one up himself. I look forward to having this gun for a long time. I really love the XDs and I enjoy this forum.

Now lets see if santa drops an XD9 sub compact off at my house in a few months.

#5 ·
Welcome from Indiana!

#6 ·
Went to the Lima, OH gun show yesterday...

That's a coincidence because I worked a table at the Tri-State (Lima) gun show yesterday and today. Did you see a banner for Insight Firearms? My partner and I offer CCW and a variety of other pistol classes in the Lima area. In fact we still have a few seats for our next class on October 25th. Send me a PM if you are interested...or if you just want to get together with another XD owner.

#11 ·
welcome from toledo ohio! I'm thinking of picking up an XD40 subcompact for my next purchase myself! happy shooting! If your gonna shoot a lot and want to save on ammo they do sell conversions so you can shoot 9mm with a .40

#12 ·
welcome from toledo ohio! I'm thinking of picking up an XD40 subcompact for my next purchase myself! happy shooting! If your gonna shoot a lot and want to save on ammo they do sell conversions so you can shoot 9mm with a .40
I've been giving that some thought. I'm assuming they run about $150? Also, I'm assuming I would have to get different mags? Or I could just by-pass the whole thing and get an XD9 SC (yeah, that'd be nice).

#13 ·
Welcome from Minnesota!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.