Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got out the old trusty USP 40 for a friendly event last weekend bragging rights and cutting up is more accurate. Kind of a run what ya brung thing at a buddies house.

After shooting my XD9 Sub-Compact for so long I was a train wreck with the USP. So I shot a friends 1911 and rocked. I even did better with the SC.

So... I went to the range today to practice a little with the USP. I still stunk. I actually hate the factory trigger pull. It's in stages. Soft build up drop off up again and bang. Great a three stage trigger, that should work great in the timed events. Rented an XD Tactical 40 and shot better.

I decided on an XD9 Tactical. I already have 3 15 rd mags fpr the SC, and I am better with 9mm and 45 than I am with 40. Yes I think it's all in my head too, but it shows up on paper. I know I could have bought a 40 and went with an aftermarket 9mm barrel, but I have a hard time buying a gun so I can replace parts on it.

Just curious though, if I go to an IDPA event will I get dinged on points for caliber, or does it put me in a certain grouping compared to 40 or 45?

Dawson front sight is on the way and trigger work to follow. 2#'s anyone.

Stages, blecht... yeah those are what your supposed to shoot in, not with.

Has anyone changed their spring? If so what got the best results for fast follow up shots? I've heard 16# was a good start.

·
Premium Member
21,736 Posts
sounds like u got the right idea cant really help on ur questions , but i want a tach myself, i have the subby and love it but want a tach to use in action matches , few more pennies and ill have it

·
Registered
268 Posts
I love my XD Tactical. I Bought mine in a .40 but thats all personal preferance. You cant go wrong with an XD. I put a .22lb spring in it and i like it so far. i am going to try a 20lb spring too and see what i like best

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some friends that shoot 1911's. They change springs like I change pants.

I guess I'll try one on each end of the spectrum and go from there. Since the factory spring could be considered middle ground it makes sense to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts