Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to getting another XD today. I didn't really need another one, but my XD-40 was getting lonely. Plus they had a pretty good deal on em also. One of them special deals from Springfield.....came with XD-Gear holster, 3-15rd mags, and a nice carrying case...for $419.00. I couldn't believe how much cheaper ammo is for a 9mm, compared to the bigger .40's.
I plan on takin my new one and havin the slide recolored to a bi-tone maybe. Just for somethin a little different than the black.
The sad thing is that I seen a SC for my first time......I really really liked that one too! hmm....I wonder if I can hide it from the old lady.....

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tore her down and cleaned the factory oil off of her lil while ago.....waitin for the armadillo on the outside of the slide to dry off..armadilloed the mags :)
then it's time for the toothbrush

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have carried nothing but Glocks and sometimes a 1911 for the last 10 years.

Recently I bought a 4 inch green frame XD-9.

So far I love it and it performs as well or even better than my Glocks.

Still only time will tell if it is the overall good pistol the Glock is.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Great deal!

I paid $419 and only got two ten round magazines.. I had to buy the three 15 rd. mags after... I have to warn you though.. You can really go through some ammo fast with those 15 rd. mags!!

I went shootin' today, and was prepared with three 15's, and two ten's.. that didn't take long to shoot... 65 rounds of fun!

reloaded while Corina shot seven rounds from the Glenfield, 10 rounds from the 10/22, (still had time to shoot a couple of pictures...) and 65 more rounds of fun!!

Corina was loading her magazines kind of slow.. so I helped her out.. got her shooting while I reloaded mine... 65 more rounds of fun!!

we repeated this cycle one more time! that's 260 rounds in about an hour.. best damn hour of my life!

Can't complain about not having enough time to go shooting anymore.. I can complain about spending too much money on bullets though! LOL

Raymond

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's one of the reasons for buying the 9mm....was the fairly cheap ammo
especially if i buy a case at a time
my XD-40 gets expensive when wanting to try out hollow points etc.

I know what ya mean Captain Ray....I went to the range with my Bushmaster not too long ago, and I burned up half a case without payin attention
Prolly cuz I have several of them old Vietnam era bandoliers...the ones that hold 7 20rd mags......I was gonna try to stock pile for a rainy day last summer.....now I'm almost out!
I feel naked without at least a few thousand rounds layin around in the closet....just for when I wanna say "I'm goin to the range....bye" and not have to worry about burnin up a fortune buyin em by the box

1 - 5 of 5 Posts