Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across a guy who wanted to cash out on a Springfield A1 GI. The thing looks brand new and is in the original green case. It appears to have never been shot (he indicated he had less than a box of ammo through it). The mag does not even have marks from being inserted into the gun. I offered him $450 before I could even really thought about it. He jumped on my offer.

I guess I did ok since new ones seem to run around $550-600. In any case, the money is spent, good deal or not.

I ran 100 rounds of WWB through it this morning and 20 rounds of Rem Golden Saber without a hitch.

So now I'm wondering what to do with this thing. Should I modify or just leave it as-is and shoot it?

·
Registered
678 Posts
You got such a good deal, it's definitely worth a few mods. I'd at least get grips, custom trigger, and sight upgrades.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I think you got a very good deal. I just picked up the "Loaded" 1911 5" in stainless, shot it yesterday for the first time........LOVE it. The trigger pull is a little stiff for me, but I get used to it. It shoots great!!!!
Once again, I think you got a very good deal.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congratulation on getting such a fine pistol. I purchased a used SA M1911A1 some years ago and even carried it CC for 3 years. The SA and I have an interesting history. I carried one in Vietnam, and the GI sights forced me to learn to point shoot. I can still point shoot to this day with relative accuracy and good speed.

Because of the "nostalgia" factor, I kept mine stock and only in the last year had Trijicon sights installed. I did some polishing of the trigger mechanism but I did not purchase a new trigger.

The SA M1911A1 is now relegated to duty as a "nightstand" gun, but I rarely go to the range without it.

I hope you enjoy your m1911a1 as much as I have.

One Eye Jack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts