Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for the next handgun and had seen and held the new Sig P320. Yesterday I found a deal at a local gunshot from a vendor that I've bought from before and he made me a deal on a P320 Carry in FDE. I haven't shot it yet, but took it apart last night for a clean/inspection and was impressed. I like that they have made this a modular pistol and will likely purchase the conversions for 40 or .357Sig. Soon to come is a 45 cal also. Just not sure which way I'll go, but I'm pretty pleased with the purchase. Now to find a good holster. The search is seemingly never ending.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've been looking for the next handgun and had seen and held the new Sig P320. Yesterday I found a deal at a local gunshot from a vendor that I've bought from before and he made me a deal on a P320 Carry in FDE. I haven't shot it yet, but took it apart last night for a clean/inspection and was impressed. I like that they have made this a modular pistol and will likely purchase the conversions for 40 or .357Sig. Soon to come is a 45 cal also. Just not sure which way I'll go, but I'm pretty pleased with the purchase. Now to find a good holster. The search is seemingly never ending.
Check out tuckergunleather.com. He makes excellent kydex/leather holsters.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Congrats, great gun IMO. I waited a while to pick mine up, it was boring to me. I'm a huge Sig fanboy but this one was meh. Then I saw a great price at Academy Sports, purchased it and after shooting it, one of my favorites. I have the HK VP9 as well and IMO, the Sig 320 takes the win with its trigger. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Sig 320 is the sleeper in the polymer handgun field. I never heard of them until seeing this one at my LGS. Most people know Sig as the producer of great DA/SA hammer fired pistols which they are well known for. Although I recently see that Sig is advertising the new 320 heavily in trade magazines I never saw one until recently. I held it, liked it and bought it. I believe as word gets out on these more shooters will seek them out. This is a great alternative to all the other polymer framed striker fired pistols on the market and one worthy of consideration. I like the clean uncluttered lines, the really good trigger and the modularity of the design, making for one versatile pistol.
Gun Firearm Trigger Shooting sport Shooting

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
The .45ACP has been released as of a couple days ago.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
so why is it that the only conversion available (that I can find) is the .357 sig? So your only choice is to buy 9mm or 40 off the bat and then convert only to .357 sig? The modularity is what might sell me on this, but if it's just a theoretical modularity then I'm not interested. Oh and according to the sig web sight I can't buy the conversion kits because I live in IL that blows, guess I'd just have it shipped to my dad's house in MO.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
just go to sig's website and look for the kit, it makes you put in what state your are in because some states have restrictions on the product. Once you say IL it tells you it is not available in your state. I'm assuming that via some of the other online sources we could potentially get one, but I'm not sure I'm willing to be $600 bucks on it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I want it in .357 sig anyway so I guess it isn't a big deal if I just buy it in .357 sig and IF or when I could get any of the conversions then it's icing on the cake.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
yes please post if you find out anything. Looks like the P250 is basically the same but hammer fired. I like that in the 250 I could buy in .380 for the wife to shoot and get a conversion to any of the other cal for me. Might have to think this over for a day or two.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congratulations on your new pistol. Range report and first impressions please.
Hit the range with it yesterday afternoon. I compared it in size to the Glock 19 that I've had for quite some time. Very close in size with the Glock weighing just a bit more loaded than the Sig did. Loaded up the 2 magazines and set the target at 7 yards. The first 15 rounds were at the lower part of the circle (I generally use the 4 circle targets with each targeting it's on quarter) Once I made a minor adjustment I started to get back to center. The feel of this pistol is good and it's easy to track back to target. I don't have the strongest wrists but was able to put some good double tap groups.

I haven't seen any conversions out there for the carry model, but I may pick up a full size conversion in 45 now that it's ready (still not available on Sig's website) This is going to be an entertaining pistol for a while and I may use it as my bug out gun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts