Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting hooked on Springfield. I picked this up on Saturday from my lgs who matched buds price. I sold my Beretta 92A1 to get it. I plan to buy all Wilson bulletproof small parts eventually.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Sweet! Congratulations.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My second. I use to have a Kimber Team Match II. I will value this one much more though I think.

I do have many mods in mind for the RO but it is a good foundation. I like that the frame and slide are forged carbon steel and not cast. It also appears to have a great barrel fit. Its not too shabby in stock form either but the stock thumb safety needs dehorned and so does the rear sight. Feels a bit off with no checkering on the front strap also. Trigger and grip safety fit are a bit sloppy but I still feel its a good value for the money. Im not too worried about the small parts.

I know a few people who have the Ruger but I did not want stainless or a cast frame.

·
Premium Member
127,978 Posts
Very nice. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Congratulations! Soft spot in my heart for mine. Its served me well as my BE pistol so far and all I've done is a trigger job and a bushing.

A trigger job and barrel bushing will go a long way, but I would check the barrel fit using the guidance from Dave Sams below.
If its not right, SA customer service will correct it. Better to have it properly fit before installing a match bushing if that is in your plans.

Shooting Sports USA - June 2009 - 19 A Day With A Master Article Hyperlink

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Congrats, the RO is a very nice basic gun, I've got one in 9mm and couldn't be happier. I did replace the front sight with a Dawson fiber, the black on black wasn't helping with black targets and old eyes.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Congrats. Just bought one myself. My first 1911. Changed front sights with Dawson precision.

Already saving for the Compact!!

Enjoy :D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Well, it's not a 45 target, but I didn't shoot center fire tonight. This Range Officer is doubling as my service pistol and my rimfire so I'm restricted to 4 lbs on the trigger vice the 2.5 lb minimum it could be if it was a dedicated lower, regardless, I put up a nice rapid fire score (10 rounds in 10 seconds) tonight in my Bullseye league. Done at the 25 yard line of course, as always, using a Nelson 22 Conversion.
I shoot the stock sights. Solution to black on black, shoot sub 6 O'clock ;)

94 out of 100. Good not great. Lots of room for improvement! The Range Officer can produce in spades, given the knuckle head behind the pistol does their part.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. My next 1911 could be another RO if they make it with fixed sites or in commander length. Springfield should make more models without the front serrations.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congratulations! Soft spot in my heart for mine. Its served me well as my BE pistol so far and all I've done is a trigger job and a bushing.

A trigger job and barrel bushing will go a long way, but I would check the barrel fit using the guidance from Dave Sams below.
If its not right, SA customer service will correct it. Better to have it properly fit before installing a match bushing if that is in your plans.
What part about the barrel fit are you referring to the most? There is not movement once locked up but im sure it could benefit from a hand fitted bushing. I notice the lugs of the barrel appear to have more wear on one side more then the other. I have not shot it yet though so this is only from racking the slide.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I likey.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The bushing on them is suppose to be fitted pretty good from factory.

That and the match barrel out of the box.

If they'd offer the full-size with Novaks I'd have snatched one up well before now.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts