Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't going to post a pick, it's just another XD, but then figured why not.

Picked this up a couple days ago off a local gun board. Never fired.

Put 100 rounds through it yesterday, flawless.

Ordered Talon rubberized grip tape and a PRP drop in trigger kit. I have the PRP trigger in my XDM 4.5" with threaded barrel and it is amazing.

Anyway, no surprises here, real happy with my new XD. Will be perfect after the Talon grips and PRP trigger installs.

Imho, the ergos of the SA XD(m) line are second to none. Love the way they fit my hands.

0221211521a.jpg
0118201047a.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My eyes just pick up the green fiber optic sights better so just installed the green in the front sight. Much better but will most likely install the same sights I have on the 4.5", eventually. Looks like the sight crystallized in the pic but it didn't. Must be the camera angle/light. Anyway, much better, for now anyway.
0221211847.jpg

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Well he is using the granulated on his XDM and that offers a great secure all weather grip, that can be removed, You can't remove stippling and unless you do it yourself will cost a lot more, People doing it commercially are supposed to have a FFL and you could lose your gun if they, a non-FFL, is caught modifying it by the ATF (Rare, but possible)

OP consider the new Pro series Talon, wears better than the sandpaper.

Reactions: Mike51392

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run Talon grips on all my polymer handguns. No matter what the factory tries to do as far as improving the grip...it's still polymer and in the winter, specifically, with dry hands, it's more slick than I personally care for. Same for sweaty hands in the summer.

If I'm going to carry, they get the rubberized. If a range gun, the sandpaper. LOVE the sandpaper. As Pandaz3 mentioned, perfect all weather grip. I shoot year round, outdoors, in Michigan so it works for me. I don't mind the sandpaper grip on my skin for carry but shirts hang up on it.

Been a while since I ordered Talon grips and I totally forgot about the new PROs. Site I ordered from didn't offer the PRO as an option so it slipped my mind. I'll run the rubber for a while...just because I already ordered....and try the PRO at some point in the future.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Looks great and a nice buy for a never shot pistol. I still have my original XD 9mm 4" and eventually picked up a XD Mod 2 9mm sub compact and both are pretty good shooters. Thanks for posting some pics and I hope you enjoy your new baby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts