Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I'm in love. A little different flavor than the black and silver guns I've got laying around... it's a 1943 Izhevsk M91/30, all matching serials and goodies except for a sling or carrying pouch. Bore slugs at .312-.313... Probably run some bulk Prvi .311" pills through her once I get set up for rifle reloading.

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
Congratulations! Everyone should have at least one, IMO.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Everyone should have at least one and a few spam cans hanging around.

I reckon I need another. And more ammo...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Taylor, where did you pick it up? I'm in the Wichita area and have been looking here and there for one. Seems like the ones that I can find for $100-150 are in rough shape. And what does ammo run for these nowadays?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well took her to the range this afternoon after a rainout at the jobsite... this thing really does kick like a mule. Once I got used to the irons and knew where to hold it, I hit a 4" grouping in 3 shots at 50 yards. Doesn't sound like much, but for a guy used to 12x optics and 3.5# crisp trigger pulls, I'll mark it down as a victory in my book.

Doubt I'll be reloading for it as I probably won't shoot it often, but it's a cool piece of history to me. Of all the wars, World War II is my favorite to study, followed very closely by the Civil War... I think I'll just stick to WWII - doubt I'll be getting a smoothbore musket any time soon ;)

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
I'm thinking of picking up another to turn project on.....The Promag stocks look intruguing. Anyone done one yet?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Taylor, where did you pick it up? I'm in the Wichita area and have been looking here and there for one. Seems like the ones that I can find for $100-150 are in rough shape. And what does ammo run for these nowadays?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
If you can get a C&R license. They are good for three(?) years and will pay for itself when you can buy them online and have 'em shipped right to your door. I reckon that I've saved at least $150 on transfer fees since I got mine, and I haven't the income to buy as much as I'd like.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a 1938 91/30 from aim surplus on my c&r for $140 shipped and it looks immaculate... bore is amazing. The kick isn't that bad... a type53 is worse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts