Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a service model for $495 with the '06 package yesterday. I really didn't notice the changes Springfield has made to the XD line until I got home. I guess it's because I haven't owned one in several years. Oh Well. Plastic trigger,plastic flame rails, and I don't remember the barrels being so thin. I guess it's the signs of the times. Cost cutting and profits.:neutral:

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
My trigger is metal, and my frame rails arent plastic. As for the barrel i dont have an older one to compare to.

·
Premium Member
127,158 Posts
Plastic trigger,plastic flame rails, and I don't remember the barrels being so thin.

Not on any of the three I own. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not on any of the three I own. :confused:
The spent casing states it was test fired on 3/11. After doing a little googling, it appears that Springfield went this route recently. I'm obviously Ok with polymer handguns, but plastic frame rails. :|. Just that alone if I had known before purchasing, I would have purchased the G21 instead. I had problems with a previous g21, so I thought I'd give XD another shot. Time will tell.

·
Registered
313 Posts
EDIT. Yep i just tore mine apart the rear fram rails are plastic while the front are metal. They look like machined metal at a quick glance.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
A: troll, AFAIK the XD rear frame rails have ALWAYS been plastic, my January 2005 Service 9mm are certainly plastic.
B: It's a 45, they all have "thin" barrels including my glorious W.German Sig P220 and SA 1911. sheesh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A: troll, AFAIK the XD rear frame rails have ALWAYS been plastic, my January 2005 Service 9mm are certainly plastic.
B: It's a 45, they all have "thin" barrels including my glorious W.German Sig P220 and SA 1911. sheesh.
Troll?!, really? Is that the best you can come up with? I simply stated my opinion and observations. I've been a member way before you were and outright stated I had problems with a G21. I can give you the link if need be in Glock Talk. Yes you stated correctly that the frame rails have always been plastic. I did more research and stand corrected. The TRIGGERS were steel at one time. I have other .45 caliber handguns and the barrels are nowhere near as thin. Have a nice day. Just because a person doesn't have a million post doesn't exclude them from making observations, maybe you were having a bad day and needed to vent. Are you feeling better now?

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Here are 2 of the 4 XDs I owned..
Never any problems except the sloppy trigger.
I ended up selling all 4 of them.

Both had metal front rails, metal triggers (I think the trigger safety maybe plastic).
As for the 45 barrel being thinner, well Duh.

Congrats on your new pistol Twin.
Hope it works out for you..

XD45 Compact

XD9sc

·
Premium Member
21,336 Posts
just shoot it and enjoy it

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Here are 2 of the 4 XDs I owned..
Never any problems except the sloppy trigger.
I ended up selling all 4 of them.

Both had metal front rails, metal triggers (I think the trigger safety maybe plastic).
As for the 45 barrel being thinner, well Duh.

Congrats on your new pistol Twin.
Hope it works out for you..

XD45 Compact

XD9sc

Wow...You really do take care of your babies...They look clean and well kept...Very nice...:)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Does anybody have the stainless barrel? Mine doesn't look like the above pics. It's all black like my xd357 but the xd45 has a stainless barrel, not a stainless slide, is this normal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts