Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Cabelas here in KC. Used some gift certificates from a promotion we had at work so my total cost ended up being $32 in tax :). They only had one .40 in the sub left so I barted with them over it being the "floor" model. $420 vs. the $450 on the sticker. Not bad but not the best. Then again it wasn't my $$! Gave my dad my .40 tactical a couple months ago for a present so I've been going nuts being XD-less! Carry permit here I come.

On a side note.. anyone been picking up those XD + extra mag and plastic holster packages? They had one in stock in the 4" but no 3". After checking out the plastic holster in the 4" package though.. I can't imagine wanting one. Eh...

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just picked up a .40 SC with the mag/holster deal for $439.

I think you're right about the holster. I won't be using it much if at all. But it was nice that it came with two 9 round mags and one of the extended 12 round mags with extension sleeve. At $439 it was less than any of the other local shops selling them without the package deal.

You really need to pick up pierce grip extensions. They are a must for those 9 round mags on the SC. I kind of wanted to try one out on the 12 round mag too but I can't get the darn magazine apart. It seems like it's glued together.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Picked up my XDSC40 in stainless this week as well. Got the package for $440. Took the little fella to the range this weekend and it will shoot the x-ring out 25 feet off hand. I am VERY pleased with it. But wow, what a bark! My buddy next to me shooting his .45 ACP said I was making him flinch. :) My buddy also owns a Glock 27. Said he liked the feel and trigger better on the XD but said he wouldn't get one for several years until it is proven. ;) Ok. 200 rounds out of the box without so much as a hiccup.

Installed Pearce grip extensions and Pachmyer rubber grip. I love the hogue rubber grip on my service pistol but the pachmyer slides around on the compact. Any ideas of how to make it stay put?

Anyway, love my Service 40 and especially love my Compact 40. Now, which one to carry? May have to carry both odd/even days. :)

Take care and be safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts