Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up today after my 10 day waiting period here in the land of Kalfornia. Got it for $455 + Tax/DROS fees. Cleaned it and oiled it, and I can't wait until I get to take it to the range, I would tommorow, but work first play later. I love the feel of the gun so far, and will be picking up some acc to go along with it. Well I can officially say I own an XD. Any tips?

In the case it came with a nifty target with 5 shots on it that were shot through the gun, along with the very first cartridge it ever shot in a little baggie, which is taped and signed by the tester.

-Chris

·
Registered
467 Posts
Congrats on your new XD. I've had mine about 2 months now and love it. Only thing I've done to mine so far is to put a Don's Guide Rod w/22# spring, and today added rubber grip decals.

About 500 rounds, and other than a goof on my part, the gun has shot flawlessly.

Welcome.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
XD Nation, baby!!!!

Yeah, the Don's Guide Rod and a 22 spring is a must have upgrade. Nice improvement for low bucks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I vote for the guide rod/22# spring upgrade as well. I shot my new rod/spring for the first time today and noticed a pleasant reduction in muzzle flip. Also have to recommend some Blue Wonder Armadillo. It is a must have for the XD's. And at less than ten bucks, you can't afford to not use it. Be safe and have a lot of fun. The XD is a great gun.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would recommend purchasing lots of ammo
and more magazines. Also I would recommend a Don`s guide rod and
a 22lb spring.Where are you located in DPRK?

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the East Bay Area, in Nor Cal. I usually go to the range in Concord on Evora Rd.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Congratulations on your new toy. I have had my new XD40 for a few weeks now and love it. I enjoy shooting it more than my Glocks. Keep that slide nicely oiled on the outside as yes, SA's finish is not up to Glock Tenifer standards but is not quite the rust magnet people say it is either. Armadillo wax, Birchwood Casey gun stock wax, Bull Frog Paste Wax, etc. is good for applying to the slide after it's been cleaned. A pox on rust!

http://www.actonrust.com/consumer.htm#fluids

Also recommended highly and it's in liquid form vs. wax is Boeshield T-9 available at Brownell's online.

After 400 rounds, I have not had one failure with WalMart WWWhite Box 40 or Remington UMC. This is a great gun.

I have yet to try out my new Don's Rod and 22# Wolff spring - 'can't wait! At some point, I may get night sights but my XD is primarily a range gun so I am not sure if I need them. I think getting one of the after-market polymer finishes is a good idea for peace of mind. They are not wear resistant but very rust resistant.

Enjoy. You done will :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Congradulations! welcome to a good addiction!! That XD will serve you well!! Just for the record my XD 9 is at round count 1,250 and the XD .40 is at 900, with NO problems noted! :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
as many people have said get Dons guide rod and 22#spring but I would also say to invest $10 on the hks speedloader it makes filling those new mag. so so much easier and is will save your thumbs... congrats

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
icon said:
as many people have said get Dons guide rod and 22#spring but I would also say to invest $10 on the hks speedloader it makes filling those new mag. so so much easier and is will save your thumbs... congrats
Yes! to the HKS mag loader. The best out there. Those new mags are a killer to load by hand. The HKS makes it a whole lot easier - a must-have accessory in my opinion.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yep, just got my hks speedloader and what a difference it makes. Small investment, big dividends.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I will second the Dons Guide rod and the Armadillo wax from Blue Wonder. 2,000 rounds shot of Wolf, Winchester Whitebox, and speer gold dots with out one single failure. :lol:

Hope you have the same good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts