Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to get a smaller compact gun for the times when my XD45 service model would be too hard to conceal. I'd kind of like to stick with the XD platform so the transition would be less drastic when going back and forth. I do however like the look of the Ruger LCP and would like to see just how much bigger an XD9SC is compared to the LCP. If anybody here has both models I would appreciate if you could post a couple of side by side pics.

Thanks,
Greg.

·
Registered
129 Posts
here's my LCP and xd40sc

my first XD was a 45-service. I later bought a 45-tac-compact. that let me swap slides between the two and end up with a combo I really liked. 45-compact for everyday carry and a 45-tac for IDPA.

I have a nice IWB holster. with it I can comfortably conceal the 45-compact in just cargo shorts and a T-shirt.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
There is a vast difference between the two. More than can be just captured in photos. Get your hands on them if you can. The XD9SC is a far superior weapon, but at the same time, it is comparing apples to oranges somewhat. If you want to pocket carry, get the LCP. If you are going to be going IWB and are willing to dress with a fair amount of consciousnesses, get the XD9SC. I have both, and I would much rather carry the XD, but there are times when wearing shorts and a t-shirt that it is nice to just drop the LCP in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Interestingly enough I'm in an almost identical boat as you. I have a 45 service and it's tough to conceal sometimes. My suggestion is at this point go with a subcompact. It'll be more familiar and have superior firepower and accuracy. Considering we're heading into winter, there shouldn't be many (if any) situations where you can't conceal the SC pretty well. Then maybe in the spring look into the LCP, as warm/hot weather will be when it'll be a huge benefit to have.

·
Registered
937 Posts
like its been said the xd is a superior weapon, if your looking for something small go with a .38spl or .357mag revolver with a 2" barrel, much better gun than an LCP IMO

·
Registered
383 Posts
The LCP with this Uncle Mikes pocket sidekick is perfect. It virtually disappears in your pocket. it's no larger than a wallet and smaller than most PDA's and cell phones.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics and advice fellas. I did not think the LCP was that much smaller than the XD9SC. I'll have to do some shopping around locally and see if I can't get to handle both at the same shop. Two stores I've been to have been sold out of the LCP, must be a hot item.

Thanks again,
Greg.

·
Registered
110 Posts
jeez.. that pic of the back makes the sc look like a hand cannon

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
It won't be too hard to resist that deal since they are out of stock. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts