Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Nice! The M9 is really a great shooter. A tad large, but acurate and soft recoiling and ultra reliable.

I too have an original Ka-Bar that Dad "liberated' when he was honorably discharged. Great knife...very, very sharp and nothing I have ever used skins a deer or pig better.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Dude that gun is way too pretty to shoot.

I used to "not shoot" some of my guns and then realized that life is TOO SHORT , so have fun shooting your safe queens , I do :p

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dad bought me the gun when I was in the service. The dealer said it's not likely to go up in value. Especialy since it's dedicated to one service. I thought the same thing at first, not too shoot it alot. On the other hand I'm not one to buy something and not use it. I'll never get rid of it. Yes k-bar's are great knifes. Saw it on brigadequatermaster, and had to have it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
It does look good . I have an M9 and have never seen a Coast Guard one . I would have went in the Coast Guard and /or Army to fly but my vision held me back . Now I hear you can get lasic and go on in but I am too old to start from the bottom .

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
They made them for all the branches. Yes now you can lasic, and be a pilot. When I was in they were actualy alowing service mebers free lasic surgery. It went by what job you did, so I got out before I was able to get it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
They made them for all the branches. Yes now you can lasic, and be a pilot. When I was in they were actualy alowing service mebers free lasic surgery. It went by what job you did, so I got out before I was able to get it.
I doubt that I can go in making $37,000 a year :roll: . I am making that now and my wife asked me the other day why I dont do what I want to do . I told her I am just too "into " what I am doing now . Plus , I dont trust the govt anymore with all the horror stories , I live near Ft.Campbell Ky . I have heard all kinds of stuff that the govt will give you and promise you but in the end it is all bull crap .

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are right, that's one reason I did my four and got out. They will tell you one thing, and do the total opposite. I got burnt pretty bad when I was discharged. I have a pretty good job so going back in would be a last resort, unless my nation really needed me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts