Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to downgrade from a double-stack to a single stack. I am crrently carying an XDm 3.8 9mm with 13 rounds. From my ring finger to the tip of my pinky is just barely long enough for a comfortable grip.

I found that my Kahr P9 fits just right in the palm. If a tad long, But is a little difficult to conceal(not terrible, but always trying to improve.

Can you guys show me some pics of your hands gripping the XDS? To give me an idea of the "Pinky Situation" I'll be looking at. My LGS doesn't have one at the moment :rolleyes:

Same length from bottom of magazine to the frame undercut?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
1911 is a single stack.
you sure you dont want one of them?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Id need a bobtail 1911 (would love one), but cannot afford it. Also looking for lightest weight to to a back injury

·
Administrator
22,352 Posts

I am 5'9 and 170lbs.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
And the Creepiest Request Made on the Internet Contest has its final entry...

;)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
You do realize that if you go to your LGS they'll actually let you hold one, right? ;)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You do realize that if you go to your LGS they'll actually let you hold one, right? ;)
You do realize that if you actually READ my post, I addressed that very issue! :roll:

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
You do realize that if you actually READ my post, I addressed that very issue! :roll:
Negative...zipped right past that part. It was a joke anyways bud.

Well in that case, if I had an XDs I'd show off my ugly mitts for you.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Don't have any pics but I hated the way my pinky was hanging off - I have big hands. But I just put Pearce extensions on the mags and problem solved.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I sold off my XDs 45 because it felt too thin on my hand..
Sorry, no pics...

I'd consider a Kahr PM or CM 9.............

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, the Kahr fits really nice. Little too thin (hogue sleeve helps) but at least I get a fullsize grip with it.

Dont love the Kahr trigger, thus looking at the XDs. Pinky ledge is a dealbreaker though. Hopefully I can find some pics in someones hand

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
How about the M&P shield with the 8 round mag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
22,352 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Six feet, 200 lbs, pinky completely under the magazine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys for the pics. Glad I asked, doesn' look like a pistol I'd like to carry due to the Pinky hangoff. Maybe the Shield, need pics of it now...hehe. If not, the Kahr it probably is.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Thanks guys for the pics. Glad I asked, doesn' look like a pistol I'd like to carry due to the Pinky hangoff. Maybe the Shield, need pics of it now...hehe. If not, the Kahr it probably is.
Well you shouldn't need the pinky, but if you do, there are solutions.

Here is my hand on a water bottle for size comparison, then 3 magazine options.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
It's honestly not a big deal, depending on hand strength I suppose.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts