Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I have heard of this happening before, today I got a message from my anti-virus program that the XD Forum was a phishing site. Perhaps something changed in their web software, or they have had some malware invade their servers, but if I could get a comment from an AdMin about this is would be helpful to all of the members I think.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Just a friendly reminder that not all AV products are equal in quality or ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankfully it did not appear today when I came on, so I am going to assume that the Norton 360 one that gave me the warning (several others did not) was temporarily nuts or updated with some slightly far reaching code which has since been changed.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
And exactly what does this have to do with reloading?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And exactly what does this have to do with reloading?
Well... It would not be the first time that a site, any site, had been infected with malware. Since we are using computers to access this site, I wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem as it has happened here before, though many of the members have not been here that long. Since you have been here nearly as long as I, I am surprised that you never experienced this in the past.

So no, it doesn't have anything to do with reloading per se', only with safely being able to get to the reloading information. But... it seems to have cleared up so OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts