Discussion Starter #1
These are the two options I am looking at... dont want to hear about a Kahr lol

which would you buy and why? One has more rounds the other is a safer pistol

I think I have almost made my mind up but want to hear some other opinions

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the more rounds and the fact that the p11 takes hi-cap SW mags has me leaning in that direction, how much thinner is the pf9? the specs list the difference as 0.88 to 1 inch so 0.12 inch difference?

·
Registered
594 Posts
the more rounds and the fact that the p11 takes hi-cap SW mags has me leaning in that direction, how much thinner is the pf9? the specs list the difference as 0.88 to 1 inch so 0.12 inch difference?
There is a big difference, I carry a PF-9 and love it. You can carry extra mags and you will never have to leave the house without it. I have gone through alot of pistols trying to find a happy medium and I don't regret my purchase is is reliable and accurate, and on a side note Kel-tec support is 1st class.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I am leaning to the PF-9 for nothing more scientific than I thought the P-11 looked a little funny.:rolleyes::mrgreen:

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have a p11.... Was looking for a PF9 when I got it.... wish I had waited till I found a PF9. The thinner PF9 gets my vote.
My sentiments exactly, I wanted something smaller than my XD9SC for occasional pocket carry. The PF9 fit that bill the best IMO. In a Bianchi pocket holster it disappears in my pocket.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Never shot or carried a PF9, but I had a P11, and it was a great, reliable, little gun, with 12+1 capacity, and the ability to shoot +p ammo.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I had a PF-9 and i got rid of it due to the fact that i had a failure every other mag. I traded it for my XD9service. I have never shot a P11.

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
I had a P-11 a few years back, and it was nothing but trouble. It went back to Kel-Tec 3 times before I sold it for about half of what I paid for it. I do not think I could recommend that gun.
I have seen good things about the PF-9, although I do not have one personally.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I've got a PF-9 and have never had a problem with it.
It's not a target gun ... But what really is even at twice the price.

IMO, it is a great compromise between size and capacity.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just put 120 flawless rounds downrange with my PF9! 60 of which were GPHP's! I have not had 1 failure with my PF9!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Advantages to P-11: Double-stack mag provides for 10+1 capacity. PF-9 is 7+1. Also a bit cheaper.

Advantages to PF-9: Newer design includes drop safety P-11 lacks. Also has bugs worked out of it. Narrowest 9mm I know of.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went through the same thing not too long ago. The trigger on the PF9 while not the greatest, is light years ahead of the P11. There was one deciding factor that pushed me into getting the PF9 over the P11....Size.

The P11 is almost the same size as a G26. I figured if I was going to get the P11 I might as well just get the G26. Since I usually carry a G23 the G26 and or P11 would not really save me anything as far as size or ease of carry go. while only being .12 slimmer that little bit goes a long way.

I usually carry the PF9 on my ankle or at about 2:30 in a Comp Tac Pro Undercover. Just to give you an idea of how easy this thing is to carry. Yesterday all day I was wearing a pair of shorts with a tie waist, meaning no belt and no ability to wear a belt. I put the PF9 in the Pro Undercover, clipped it onto the shorts and tied them. The gun stayed put all day long without a problem and without pulling my pants down.

For reliability it had a few hiccups for the first 100 or so rounds but since then it has been flawless for over 200 rounds with about 75 or so of them being 124 Gold Dot +P rounds.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Go light on the +Ps though. A PF-9 will handle +P, but "not in continuous use".

·
Registered
395 Posts
Advantages to P-11: Double-stack mag provides for 10+1 capacity. PF-9 is 7+1. Also a bit cheaper.

Advantages to PF-9: Newer design includes drop safety P-11 lacks. Also has bugs worked out of it. Narrowest 9mm I know of.
Kel-Tec has factory 12 round, flush fit mags for the P11.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts