Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petition for New Sub-Forum<o></o>​
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
This post is a request to add a new sub-forum to the XD Talk website. I&#8217;ve enjoyed many debates with, and learned a lot from the intellectual pool here at XD Talk. I feel that this forum enjoys an atmosphere unmatched by any other when it comes to the welcoming nature of its members, and the veracity of the discussions held. In that spirit I propose the addition of a Tactics and Training sub-forum dedicated to conversation in the following areas:<o></o>
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
-CCW Practicality<o></o>
-CCW Gunfight Tactics and Training<o></o>
-Basic Military Tactics and Training<o></o>
-Effective Communications and Technology<o></o>
-Discussion of the Military Tactics of Revolution<o></o>
-Discussion of Effective Political Discourse for Gun Owners (Note: Discourse, NOT Politics)<o></o>
-Discussion of Healthful Lifestyle and Personal Fitness<o></o>
-Discussion of Survival Techniques and Training<o></o>
-Discussion of First Aid and Practical Emergency Medical Aid<o></o>
-Any Other Discussion not Politically Driven that Pertains to Tactics and Training

·
Registered
346 Posts
The only problem I have with a few of the forum categories listed is it seems to take a stance in the CC vs OC issue. Personally I don't think there should be one...the right to carry is the right TO CARRY, however an individual chooses to do so...and shouldn't be legislated against or restricted by any state or federal law.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
You have Rickett's endorsement:cool:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
only concern is all of the arguments of which super advanced tactical ninja move is superior over another..

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
True, but then it wouldn't have a funny side! We all enjoy the funny reads of how to properly execute a backflip hatchet attack. I say add it! :p
yeah it is mildly amusing some days huh

+1

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I'm with ya. That's one thing I have to go to other forums for.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only problem I have with a few of the forum categories listed is it seems to take a stance in the CC vs OC issue. Personally I don't think there should be one...the right to carry is the right TO CARRY, however an individual chooses to do so...and shouldn't be legislated against or restricted by any state or federal law.
No stance intended, I don't particularly see anything wrong with OC, and if you would decide to start a conversation on OC it would be more than welcome!

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ultimately as in all things you see or hear, you would have the responsibility to sort through info and apply it as you wish. Sure, it could be filled with mall ninja speak, but there is a large contingency of survival and tactics threads that fill the chatter box that would be better served by a specific place to hold such a conversation, and a specific place for people to look for opinions on such things rather than going through the cumbersome task of sorting through thousands of threads in the chatter box to find the info they want. Also, it gives a place for the people who are so inclined to discuss political discourse for ideas that don't pertain to an actual political discussion such as the practicality of revolution and gun owner solidarity.

·
Registered
346 Posts
No stance intended, I don't particularly see anything wrong with OC, and if you would decide to start a conversation on OC it would be more than welcome!
I, personally, would just like to be able to carry a weapon to defend myself and not have to go over-paranoid about concealment. "Casually concealed" works for me...in other words, you should be able to carry it and if it happens to show, it shouldn't be an illegal offense (yet it often is).

If this means it's a hot 100degree summer and you want to carry your XD Tactical, you shouldn't have to wear the clothing required to conceal it...you wear what you wear, and if it happens to cover the weapon, good. If it doesn't, so what...having the weapon is more important then concealing the weapon.

Support your ability to carry...however it may happen.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
That would be a great section to add!
My current tactics are simple.... I simple ask if the BG would like to talk first. see if he will sit down and explain his reasons and hardships and maybe I can get him some gov't funding to resolve his problems. If that doesn't work i execute my double chicken wing crane attack....
Anyone else try this?

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
True, but then it wouldn't have a funny side! We all enjoy the funny reads of how to properly execute a backflip hatchet attack. I say add it! :p
I......have perfected this exact attack.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I'd love to see those added....might entice me to donate more money to the forum than I already have.

·
Registered
337 Posts
i can't tell you my name or reveal my identity, but i can tell you this would be a good idea.

only time i ever backflip hatchet throw is to knockdown a chopper while jumping between buildings...

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I would suggest narrowing the list down a bit, maybe start with the Tactics and scenero type theme... I do NOT want this forum to turn into AR15.com, who have WAY to many folders..
I would also suggest getting rid of the Gaming folder.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
+1 RogueXD, I agree, compact some of the list.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I for one would enjoy a gaming forum. I see plenty of people on here who share their gamer tags and different setups on COD4.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts