Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a two tone xd 9 service model 4 inch. I am not familiar to the 9mm luger round, because i usually shoot 45 acp. I just want a good personal defense round that somone has actually fired through there XD - 9 successfully without jams, that is not a +p or +P+ round.

Hornday 124gr tap jhp?, Hornady tap 147gr jhp?

Winchester??, Federal hydro shok?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The gold dot 124gr round seems to be recommended most around here. You'll still need to do a 100 round test in your gun to make sure it's reliable for you of course.

UD.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Why not +P or +P+?

I had a 9mm for a while before I went to .40 cal and I used the CorBon DPX +P. Good, uniform expansion, loads are controlable, and energy transfer is decent.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The recoil on the +P gold dot isn't bad at all. It's noticibly different. Just a little snappier. Or a sharper recoil if that makes any sense. Nothing a little practice wont get you used to.

UD.

·
Registered
347 Posts
9mm loads recommended by DocGKR, a ballistics expert who posts over on Tactical Forums (in no particular order):

Triton 115 gr +P JHP (TR9HVA)
Fed 124 gr JHP (LE9T1)
Speer 124 gr +P JHP (53617)
Win 124 gr JHP (RA91P)
Win 127 gr +P+ JHP (RA9TA)
Fed 135 gr +P JHP (LE9T5)
Rem 147 gr JHP (GS9MMC)
Speer 147 gr JHP (53619)
Win 147 gr JHP (RA9T)

Speer also makes a standard pressure version of their 124gr Gold Dot that has nearly the same performance, if you prefer to avoid +p ammo.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I carry Federal Hi-shock 147 gr. JHP mostly because my local gunshop stocks it and it's been 100% flawless functioning in my XD9.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
personaly i would go with the ESHOCK rounds they are terrorist bullets but im sure they will work for every day BG's. if you read my signature you will see what the round does to them, NEURO SHOCK!

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
i dont need to read about the balistic effects from some "dr" they shot a watermellon on the website! plus in the testominals said this guy shot a BG with one and it blew half his leg off!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts