Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seeing a break barrel pellet gun thread in another part of this forum has me wondering if there is a pellet gun, other than the CO2s or PCP guns capable of penetrating a Zombie's Skull with confidence?

The Gamo Hunter Extreme series seams to be pretty powerful. There is even a youtube vid showing a ferral pig hunt with the .177 caliber version, granted, not the largest hog I've ever seen, but still.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I'm sure it could be done, but wouldn't that be like taking a pistol to a firefight. Why would you want to do that? Keep the pellet gun for pests and small game and if your concerned about noise get a silencer. We're talking zombie's here so I don't think legal issues would be a concern.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Do Zombie skulls get mushy with rot? If so a .177 may be ok. I know my break barrel can easily do through and through's on rabbits and squirrels, but it takes multiple shots to drop a raccoon or possum. Even after a "perfect" head shot, the raccoon will need more lead.

Stick to zombie small game with the .177! Move up to a real .22 or better yet a .223 or 5.45x39 for zombies!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Gotta watch break barrels, I have a nice one that my father used as a kid while the family lived in Africa after the fled Europe. Make sure not to get the webbing of your thumb in the way when you close it... It will pinch then cut.... if you did like I did when I was 10 years old. It will make you shead a few tears! :p

·
Registered
19,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey now, this isn't like the movies. Ammo will get a touch scarce after a long term Zombie Uprising. Making a few home made pellets from an old car battery would be much easier than getting everything together to make a complete .223 cartridges. Get real here for a minute guys :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
.22 subsonics are awfully quite even without a suppressor.

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
You could absolutely use an air rifle for hunting or anti-undead applications, you just have to have the right one in the right caliber. I remember reading an article a year or two back about the Italian-made (?) air rifle that Lewis and Clark took on their expedition and how useful it was in general hunting.

In pellet rifles Gamo's a good brand and there are others. Air Arms is an English make that produces fine rifles, and Germany's at the top of the heap with what they make. They take this stuff more seriously in Europe where there's a stronger focus on competition than here in the States, and gun control laws are more restrictive.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts