Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know pelican makes good cases, and I know they made them for their lights first. but never thought to get one. I'm looking at a pelican flashlight complete with a LED extra light (which supposedly are breaking occasionally so we mantain the regular bulbs) a rail mount, pressure switch (doesn't seem as good as our ones for our lasers.... we'lll see if they earn the title bite switch) and a rubber ring to be a shock collar for it..... as in put the rubber ring between the light and the light mount.... doesn't seem a great idea to me.

total cost according to google is 65 for the light (pelican 2320) 15 for the switch and 10 for the bulb 45 for the mount. My question is are these good lights? I believe they are totally waterproof and less moving parts then surefire so it shouldn't break. They use the same batteries as everything else we have so its not a problem keeping them working. Will this rubber mount system slip once in a while? and so on. we aren't paying for them but threw up the pricing to present it, if they are worth their price I'll get some more, if they aren't I'll stop getting them.

EDIT, the intro I got sucked the rubber is to mantain the pressure switch wire so it doesn't hang loose. It mounts like a scope pretty sweet from what I can tell.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In general Pelican lights are pretty tough, I have several of them. I have one that I've been using while scuba diving for about 12 years and it takes a beating while I'm picking rock scallops. Another I use at work (I'm a shift Millwright in a paper mill) and that one really takes a beating, I've had it for almost 3 years now. Other than mounting one (with electrical tape lol) to the side of my 10/22 for varmits I don't know how they will hold up to being mounted to a gun with any recoil to speak of.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
I actually work part time security for Pelican here in Torrance. Their stuff is top notch. Their new lights are pretty kick*ss too..

The LAPD and other large agencies have even recently switched almost totally to some of their new rechargeable lights out there.

I have a few of them myself and I love em. IMO more sturdy than my Surfires even.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I've got a large mag-lite sized rechargeable pelican and it's garbage. I've gone through three now that have had problems with the switch sticking on, not working, or a delayed turn-off.

·
Registered
465 Posts
In my experience Pelican is a good light. I go with StreamLight though. Little more $ but it's worth it. My FD has phased pelicans out and gone to stream light for a reason. But then again we don't personally pay for them.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
i have a few pelican cases myself and have handled/used a few different pelican lights. they seem pretty good. id buy them if the price was right.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Unfortunately, I have no real experience with them. I do have a streamlight Twintask. 3C w/ 6 regular leds and the C4 led. 3 modes, its nice for $40. Don't particularly care for rechargable lights.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My FD had a mix of streamlights and pelicans, both seemed to work just fine. Streamlights feel a bit sturdier to me, but that's just my opinion, never had an issue with the pelicans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts