Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a couple of these for my Mod.2 45 Subcompact, which is a great little 45 but a tad short for my hands with the OEM 9 round mags. I'll post results when they arrive and I've had a chance to wring them out.

Is anybody here using these?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The Pearce mag extensions arrived today and I installed them on a couple of 9 round mags. The texture of these extensions matches the standard XD45 and mine is a Mod 2;, 3.3" Subcompact. I worked around this by covering it with rubberized Talon grip material, which I also use further up the front strap. The result is a seamless, uniform grip with just enough room for all four fingers.

These mag extensions are supposed to add 1-2 rounds of additional capacity and as received, they failed miserably at that. No amount of force or finesse would get more than 9 rounds in the mags.

I disassembled them again and looked at Pearce's internal floorplate, which is sort of bucket that allows the mag spring to seat lower in the magazine extension. The inside edges were sharp cornered and I suspected the magazine spring was binding on it. preventing the spring from compressing fully into the base. I addresses by lightly breaking that sharp edge. I was immediately able to load ten rounds in each mag, though that 10th one requires some force to get it in.

I also test fired the magazines by firing 1-2 rounds and topping them back up to ten rounds, with another in the chamber. I repeated this process 6-8 times and the pistol functioned perfectly throughout. It was definitely easier to pound the Do-All Spinner from 15-20 yards, with a full grip on the gun.

I give these grip extensions 1 star. The improve control but did not add capacity w/o serious user modifications- straight from the box.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe there are two different Pearce extensions for the XD45; one that adds a round and one that doesn't.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe you're correct on that, though you'd have to confirm it with Pearce to be certain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts