Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the extension on the xds 9mm 7rd mag? Looking for info on them from people who've actually used them. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
To answer your question, NO I have not done exactly that.

I do have Pearce extensions on both a XDS 45, and an XD(m) Compact 9mm.

I like them on both guns.

They're relatively inexpensive. So buy a couple to see if YOU like them.

Duane

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have and they are great for the range, but i do not carry with them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Xds 45, daily carry, all 3 of my 5 round mags have them. Never had any problems with either function or printing under a light shirt.

New xds 9mm, I had the pearce extension in hand before the gun was delivered. Put the extension on before I did anything else with the gun.

Highly recommend.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have and they are great for the range, but i do not carry with them.
I agree - not good for concealed carry. And I do not want to get used to the extension at the range and then not have them during a high stress situation.

Therefore, they are not for me.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Personally, I think that they are GREAT for concealed carry. I've not had any printing problems.

In my opinion, they make the gun much more usable. But, of course we all carry a little differently, have different body shapes, etc. etc.

The only sure way to find out if you like them is to try them.

Example: My spouse and I spent the afternoon yesterday shopping, and SHE didn't know that I was carrying my XDS 45. Or maybe she just assumed that I was. She sure as heck didn't seem to notice it.

Duane

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Have the Pearce grips on all my mags (8) for the XDs and XDm. The extra space to put the pinky provides awesome grip and control on the handgun!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not 9mm, but I have then on all my Xds (for carry) and Xdm (for home defense) mags, and really love what they do to make my grip consistent.

Also, on the XDm's shorter 9-round magazine, I installed a Pearce Magazine Extension "Plus" rather than the finger extension, and it gave extra grip length AND one extra round capacity. It now holds 10!

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Have them on 5 rounders for XDs45. I like them.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

Duane
Yep...what he said!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I currently run a modified pierce grip extension on my XDsc, and have 2 new extensions waiting on my XDs to arrive. I will most likely modify them as well by sanding off the lip that extends out. The one on my XDsc is just long enough to get my full pinky on it with no extra lip. I then took a piece of PRP rubber grip tape and glued it on the extension. This gives me a good solid grip yet is still much shorter than my full size mag. I will do the same to the XDs extensions and will post pictures once I get my new XDs with the extensions.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
They look good!
Yeah, but they WORK even better.

For some people, having your pinkie dangling below the grip doesn't matter. I can shoot that way, but prefer having a full grip.

The Pearce extension takes care of that for me.

Duane

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

Duane
Not to thread jack but like the holster who makes them?

Probably sent from my German Shepherd

1 - 20 of 35 Posts