Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a .40 XDm Compact and love the gun. I tried the X-Treme Rubber Grips and it made it so much more comfortable to grip. The Pearce grips made it even better, allowing all of my fingers to fit comfortably around the grip. The only thing that isn't just perfect is where the plastic piece connects to the magazine. When the magazine is inserted there is a small sharp corner on the inside of the grip, that digs slightly into my palm. I want to trim it very slightly to round off the corner to smooth it out some. Was just curious what others used without tearing it up with big gouges showing. With that corner smoothed out just a hair it would be a perfect fit in my hand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has had to trim theirs at all??

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had the exact same issue. I didn't have a dremel, so I took the fiance's nail files and emery board, and smoothed it out. Looks fine to me, I'll try to get a pic up for ya.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Also worth mentioning...I have now purchased her some new files, as she seems to think they are NOT multi-purpose.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also worth mentioning...I have now purchased her some new files, as she seems to think they are NOT multi-purpose.
Lol I bet! I've been considering buying a Dremel anyway, thinking about polishing the barrel, trigger guide rod and a few other parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts