Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a order in last night for a new XDm 40 compact. I have been doing some reading on here about the Pearce grip extension. Is it a better idea then not to get this extension? This 40 is for concealed carry so obviously the 11 round mag would be in it. Just wonder if its worth the $16 including shipping.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
I have an xd40sc and I bought the grip extention because my hand didn't fit so well on the small grip. If your hand fits on the grip well and you have a good hold of the gun without the extention then maybe you won't need it but I'd say to try it first. I doubt it would make much of a difference for carrying from a printing standpoint though. Personally I love it and it made the gun feel so much bette in my hand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the xd9sc and even though my hands are not big, I didn't like my little finger dangling there, so I bought one for mine. It is small enough that I do not see it making any difference in concealing and it makes a world of difference in a more secure feel. I say worth it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
i can just barely get my finger on the 13rd mag for my xd9sc. i have a pearce extension but as it makes the gun taller and a little harder to conceal, so ive kept it off for now.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the Pearce extension on my XDm 9c and love it. I did slightly notice it when I first started carrying it after I put it on, but now haven't gotten used to it and it's no problem at all. It definitely improved my accuracy with the compact magazine.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I just put a order in last night for a new XDm 40 compact. I have been doing some reading on here about the Pearce grip extension. Is it a better idea then not to get this extension? This 40 is for concealed carry so obviously the 11 round mag would be in it. Just wonder if its worth the $16 including shipping.
Never mind. I mis-read the OP.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The XD40SC comes with a 9 round magazine and a 12 round magazine. I've never seen an 11 round magazine for an XD40SC.

With that out of the way, there are two Pearce extensions for the XD40 magazines. There is the PG-XD+ which adds one round to the magazine capacity and the PG-XD which adds no capacity. The PG-XD adds about 1/2" to the gripping surface. The PG-XD+ adds about 1" to the gripping surface.

I usually look for small parts like this at local stores to save on the shipping. You shouldn't have to pay more than $7-8 at a brick and mortar store.
He ordered a XDm 40c not a XD40sc.

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wasn't sure if you could get these anywhere else besides the Pearce site itself. I thought these just came out very recently. I assume since the bulk of the extension extends forward and not so much back or down, the issue of increasing printing really is a non factor. Would that be correct for anybody that currently has them?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got the 2 I ordered direct from the Pearce site (for my new XDm 40c). Ordered on the 20th, here on the 22nd... EFFING AWESOME! I wish more orders got here that fast, especially since it was only standard USPS delivery.
Didn't get them from the mailbox till almost midnight so I haven't had a chance to see how big a difference they make when it comes to putting lead downrange, but they sure make a difference in how they feel in my XXL hands.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i got mine from pistol-gear in under 3 days. i did have to sand down some of the edges as they were really uncomfortable. it really helps with my grip and its not hard to conceal the extra length.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I got mine in the mail today. I ordered it late tuesday night and they where here on friday so I was VERY pleased. And even more so after I put them on and felt the difference.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
When I finally get an XDm.40 Compact I will be purchasing the Pearce Grip Extension on the same day.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have an XDm 40c and have shot about 1000 rounds through it. I have shot an equal amount with the shot mag as well as the long mag and I don't notice any differance. Sure, my pinky is just hanging out there with the short mag, but when there is lead flying out of the muzzle I don't even notice the differance.
Shoot the gun first and see if it bugs you, then decide.

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have an XDm 40c and have shot about 1000 rounds through it. I have shot an equal amount with the shot mag as well as the long mag and I don't notice any differance. Sure, my pinky is just hanging out there with the short mag, but when there is lead flying out of the muzzle I don't even notice the differance.
Shoot the gun first and see if it bugs you, then decide.
Yeah maybe I will shoot first and see. If they get there in 2 days then I shouldn't have to worry about waiting

·
Registered
755 Posts
I assume since the bulk of the extension extends forward and not so much back or down, the issue of increasing printing really is a non factor. Would that be correct for anybody that currently has them?
you are exactly correct. The back bottom corner of the gun is what prints 90% of the time. This extension doesn't effect concealment At all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts