Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bout my XDm 3.8 compact 9mm a few weeks ago and my only complaint was that my pinky had no home with the 13 round mag in the gun. A forum member here recommended the Pearce grip extension so I ordered it and could not be happier!:D:D:D

Pics:

Best $15 I have ever spent on a gun!

Fit and finish is top notch, looks like it came right out of the factory like this. And it should have!

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

You guys have any thing ells you can recommend to a new owner?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have one for my XDsc. Works well.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just bout my XDm 3.8 compact 9mm a few weeks ago and my only complaint was that my pinky had no home with the 12 round mag in the gun. A forum member here recommended the Pearce grip extension so I ordered it and could not be happier!:D:D:D

Pics:

Best $15 I have ever spent on a gun!

Fit and finish is top notch, looks like it came right out of the factory like this. And it should have!

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

You guys have any thing ells you can recommend to a new owner?
worked well for me too, but had to use a nail file, emory board on backcorner because they were extremely sharp when carring concealled but only about 5 min work and everything was good once more

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have one on my XD9sc and really like it. I really don't like the one I got on my 45c though.

I'm in search of one to put on my new XDm 3.8 40 compact though. I prefer to buy "off the shelf" if at all possible. Stopping in at Impact sometime today cause I also need a size III grip extension for a new full length mag.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
worked well for me too, but had to use a nail file, emory board on backcorner because they were extremely sharp when carring concealled but only about 5 min work and everything was good once more
I have not carried the gun yet. But I may do the same thing if I have the same problem.

I have one on my XD9sc and really like it. I really don't like the one I got on my 45c though.

I'm in search of one to put on my new XDm 3.8 40 compact though. I prefer to buy "off the shelf" if at all possible. Stopping in at Impact sometime today cause I also need a size III grip extension for a new full length mag.
I to like to buy local when I can. But no one had this in stock and would have taken longer to order it threw my local store then to order it my self and would have been more expensive for me to order threw the store as well.

Still need to find some place to order grip extensions my self. But I have not decided what size I like best just yet. Need to try them all first.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had to run the top of mine across some sand paper, the magazines wouldn't fall free. Haven't been shooting or carried with the extension installed yet, but it does feel better.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Does it make the gun any harder to conceal while carrying?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I love mine for shooting, however with a full forward cant on my Supertuck the extension does poke a bit through my shirt when bending even a little, but most people won't know what they're looking at, if they even notice it, as it has no gun resemblance at all, but I'm still playing with gun carrying location since I just got my Supertuck so this could be remedied at some point, only time will tell.

Phillip

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Question: How does the new PG-XDM compare to the PG-XD. I bought the XD pinky extension and modified it to fit my XDM compact. Now with the PG-XDM out, I want to know if there are any differences with the two (minus the obvious fitting)?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
The PG really makes a difference when shooting my XDsc with the compact mag. Money well spent......

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did anyone else's come with sharp corners on the bottom of the floor plate? Mine are really rather pokey. I think I'll just hit it with some light sandpaper but it still kinda stinks. If you put the mag extension on, it fits great and you can't feel the sharp edges, however, since I and I'm sure all of you, have this on the 13 round mag (9mm) the extension is a moot point lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts