Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Pearce mag extension for the 5 round mag. I was curious as to whether or not anybody found this pinky extension harder to conceal IWB.

Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I use it on the 7rd 9mm mag of my 4.0. No one has ever commented on it printing since it's been installed. IMO well worth the extra support.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
At the angle I carry the rear of the grip protrudes more.
The way I carry the point of the extension protrudes a bit - but it isn't enough to be a problem. Though I have considered modifying mine like several others have done to remove the point and maybe shorten it just a tad.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
In MY opinion, the Pearce extension does NOT make the gun less concealable, but it DOES make it more pleasant to shoot.

What seems to make much more difference to me is WHERE I carry.

For me, at the 4:30 position, the weapon prints, regardless of which magazine. But at the 3:30 position no one sees anything, again regardless of which magazine.

First, you need to find the holster, cant, and carry position that works best for YOU. After that, the pinky extension won't matter, except for making the gun much more pleasant to shoot.

Duane

·
Registered
13 Posts
Only time the extension bothers me is in pocket carry where the end of the extension sometimes grabs the inside of my pocket when drawing or removing...thinking about taking a Dremel to the end (like many others on this forum) since I only need a little of the extension for a full grip. The Pearce doesn't affect printing when I carry IWB. The extensions are cheap so they are definitely worth a try if you need the extra gripping surface for your pinky.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey, imho I do not want to try and talk you out of it but my FFL put one on my 7 round magazine for my XDS 9 and I took it off when I got home.

To me, they do not feel right and you somewhat lose the point of conceal-ability when you add something.

I would say learn to shoot and get used to curling your pinky under and if capacity is an issue put the money towards an extra magazine.

I have ccw'd a Glock 22 for 14 years so I am able to conceal larger weapons but I think adding anything to the length of the XDS (even the factory longer magazines) turns it into a different firearm.

Just my $.02 : )

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
At 2:30-2:45 they do not print. I have to agree about learning to shoot flush fit though. Those who start with the Pearce seem to apply to much pressure with the pinky and complain about accuracy low left. Just use it for support.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
At 2:30-2:45 they do not print.
Kind of depends on the person, clothing, and forward cant. I carry around 2:45 myself but since I like a strong forward cant the extension sticks out more than the rest of the grip and it does print a bit sometimes. But like I've said before, it isn't enough to keep me from using the extension, but some day I may take and grind it down some since I don't really need all of the length or the lip.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I have them on most of my pistols-- XDs, XD, XDM, Shield. On the compact/sub-compact they make them much much better to control
PG for Shield came out after DNZ, have both.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The way I carry mine IWB with a hybrid holster from Firearmholster.com, there is no difference with or without. I do not carry the 7 round mag. I prefer the 5 rounders. I have had nothing but feed issues with the 7 rounder. so I carry at 15 (3 (5) rounders) plus 1!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I haven't really notice any difference, maybe a tad. Surely not enough to care one way or another. Buy them...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts