Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on which way to go? Both are chewed and spit equally. I don't want fbi etc etc. I want real world results. Please help. I can't find gold dot 200gr anywhere and it's pi$$ing me off. Thanks for the help. Please .... As always, xd!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Both good high quality stuff, PDX1 is a newer design. Buy both, test in your 40 and go with what gives you the most confidence and works best. I can give you no real world info.

Hope you find better info.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I carry 180 pdx1. Plays hell on steel plates and vaporizes cantaloupes.

There's your real world results.

FBI has selected it as their carry ammo that's means it's been tested and found to perform well.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I love cantaloupes, we live about 70 miles from the cantaloupe capital of Texas. Pecos Cantaloupes, we drive up every few weeks and buy a boat load of them. Shame on you for shooting poor defenseless cantaloupes, send them to me I'll see that they are put out of their misery. :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
PDX-1 is what I am rocking in my XDm. I have watched tons of reviews and tests on them, I feel I have made a good choice. As from the TAP, I have one mag of them, I watched reviews and tests and they don't test as well as the PDX. Get on youtube, there is a video that tests both side by side and the bonded PDX expanded better and held the jacket.

·
Registered
29,603 Posts
Any opinions on which way to go? Both are chewed and spit equally. I don't want fbi etc etc. I want real world results. Please help. I can't find gold dot 200gr anywhere and it's pi$$ing me off. Thanks for the help. Please .... As always, xd!
Real world results are that the CD underperforms and the PDX-1 meets standards for LE use, including FBI.

If you're talking about how they've perfromed "on the street", sorry, but that's what science calls anecdtotal evidence, and isn't useful.

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
real world results are that the cd underperforms and the pdx-1 meets standards for le use, including fbi.

If you're talking about how they've perfromed "on the street", sorry, but that's what science calls anecdtotal evidence, and isn't useful.
not cd. Angilino talked me outta cd ages ago. I'm talking tap fpd. Both tap fpd n pdx are contenders. But what will win in a gun fight? No pun intended. I want real world tests from ya'll. I switch from day to day what i load.
Htc evo from tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Just a while back Doc Roberts posted that the Hornady XTP (tap) while good back in it time does not perform as well as the modern HPs.

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So brothers, PDX is what you're telling me?.... I'm syllable a Hornady fan. Not CD ANGILINO... Hornady is a favorite of mine. With as many stores here you'd think I'd find gold dot 200gr. What a pisser. Ok day to day, PDX then from the majority? I'm still torn brothers....

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
All 40 pdx rounds I've fired, 20-165, 20-180, worked flawlessly in my sc40. I have no worries about its ability to stop an attacker, god forbid I have to draw and fire on someone.

·
Registered
891 Posts
So brothers, PDX is what you're telling me?.... I'm syllable a Hornady fan. Not CD ANGILINO... Hornady is a favorite of mine. With as many stores here you'd think I'd find gold dot 200gr. What a pisser. Ok day to day, PDX then from the majority? I'm still torn brothers....
O.K . So how about this. Don't worry about the opinion of various forum members. While everyone has a favorite or a philosophy, none are the absolute "last word" in ammo or anything else. If you feel confident with XTP's and shoot them well, go with them! It all comes down to you my friend.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I can get it at Walmart!! So....that is what mine are stoked with. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
not cd. Angilino talked me outta cd ages ago. I'm talking tap fpd. Both tap fpd n pdx are contenders. But what will win in a gun fight? No pun intended. I want real world tests from ya'll. I switch from day to day what i load.
Htc evo from tapatalk
I guess you need to define "real world tests". Both will do if you can deliver the hits. The problem is too many worry about their ammo & not enough about their shooting skills.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
I guess you need to define "real world tests". Both will do if you can deliver the hits. The problem is too many worry about their ammo & not enough about their shooting skills.
This is what I was thinking. Both are good. One is newer. Both will get the job done. Beyond that you are wasting your time stressing over it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts