Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is that time.

In honor of one of my favorite movies, I am going to "pay it forward". I have a few things to offer up, so listen... errr read... up. For those who haven't seen it, the idea is, someone does you a favor (now in the movie, the favor had to be something big to the giver), you pass it on to 3 more people.

There is no requirement other than an "I'm in" type post, however since I am about to take a step into the great unknown, I would appreciate hearing some of the more creative engagement proposal stories you have heard. You can tell us what you did, or what was done by your SO if they were the one to have popped the question. I will be asking my girl to join me in life over the New Year's holiday while we are on vacation in Hawaii, and have a pretty good idea how I am going to approach it, but the wisom that comes from those that have been there can always be incorporated.

As for the booty, I have 3 items that will be selected for winners by writing the nicks of everyone in the drawing on avery labels and sticking them to a target then going to the range at Spring Valley w/ ichy_trigger and having his wife or one of his kids shoot my sks 3 times at the target. Kinda like a poker target. Yes, Ichy is qualified to enter if he wants.

Once the three are determined, I will post a picture(s) of the target w/in 24 hrs after we go to the range, and winners stickers will be dropped in my spiffy Team Pistol Gear (shameless plug) hat and selected for the following items in order. If the holster doesn't fit or you don't want it, pass it on or sell it. Either way you will be forwarding the sport.

Item #1 - Cross-Harness Horizontal Shoulder Holster
I have owned this for approximately 10 yrs and it is still in VGC. I would consider using it for carrying the XD when my atire would allow, but due to my "increased stature" from when I bought this thing, I can no longer get it to fit me properly.

Item #2 - In an effort to keep my friends here on this forum safe, I want to make sure you guys/gals carry fresh ammo. To that end, I will buy you a box of Ranger T or Speer Gold Dot ammo (my choice here, but both are proven performers) in your XD (or if you carry something else not too exotic) caliber of choice, and ship it to you.

Item #3 - will be a little time in coming, but since I will be sending a money order in for tickets for the raffle, I will buy the winner of item 3 $15 worth of tickets for the raffle

Good luck to all.

Closing date for registration will be Sept. 30 and draw date will be sometime thereafter when schedules and weather permit us to get to the range.

edited to add:
just wanted to note, if Mulder (or any other non US resident) enters and wins, I will send them a USPS money order for a box of ammo if they win that item.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
I'm in.

(UN-official version)
We were driving to eat at Olive Garden, She said something, I can't remember what now, But it was something about un-certain futures and kids, And I said, "I will be marrying You". She asked if that was the "official proposal", I said no. She wanted to know when the official version was coming, All I said was "maybe in the future".

Many months later..

(Official version: actually did happen)
I proposed to my honey at my former buddies cabin, on a boat dock in Irish hills Michigan. We had spent the day skiing and wake boarding, Just had dinner. She and I went for a walk on the boat dock of their lake. We had the sun setting behind us, and the birds chipping all around us. We had been just sitting there talking about life, and I popped the question and brought out the very expensive ring. I was very concerned she would drop it in the lake (I LUV her, but good grief she is a klutz's), but she held it so, so tight. She said yes. I still can't believe She said yes. Very romantic. She had no idea it was coming. I thought the whole world could hear my heart beating thru my chest in anticipation of my asking her.

Congrats on asking your other half, or getting ready to.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
As for the booty, I have 3 items that will be selected for winners by writing the nicks of everyone in the drawing on avery labels and sticking them to a target then going to the range at Spring Valley w/ ichy_trigger and having his wife or one of his kids shoot my sks 3 times at the target. Kinda like a poker target. Yes, Ichy is qualified to enter if he wants.
Ummmmm, you want me to supply the ammo for this? It very well may take quite a bit :lol: . Do not include me in it, I have won a past Karma and since I am in a round-a-bout way involved, I dont want to be accused of being impatial. I feel lucky enough just to have someone I can shoot with and beat... :lol: And to that note, I will be shooting production next league with my XDsub just for shits and giggles and to gain invaluable experience with my carry piece.

My marriage proposal
It happened so fast I forget what was said...lol I always told her we would not get married, we could live in sin forever. When I did ask her, she set the date for 2 weeks from that date so I woudnt have time to change my mind. Friends of ours are ordained ministers and came over to the house and married us in a private setting with just our kids being present.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oh hell...Im in

Mine was the sadly traditional restaurant candle lit dinner...not very creative but hey it worked :D

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I am in!

Certianly a memorable proposal: My dad was sick, drove to my mom's parents house and popped the question. She said yes, and he tossed her teh ring box and said, " Ok, I am going to the doctors now."

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
In. :)

I proposed to my wife over the telephone. We met in a martial arts chat room on America Online, so it was like, 98% long-distance dating from the time we met until we got married.

It's been seven years now.

Here's a pic of her and our two kids:

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I'm in.

The wife (then my SO) and I had been dating for about 4 years and it was approaching Christmas. I was asking her if there was anything she wanted in particular for a gift. She gave me the usual..."I don't know" so I told her I was just gonna buy her a diamond. She wasn't real surprised and it made Christmas shopping easy (though kinda expensive) for me.

bd

·
Registered
208 Posts
Dunno if this can count but I'm in.

I plan on proposing to my gf on her birthday next year, 4 months from now. Shes been begging me to get her a black lab puppy. I plan on tying a little tube with a letter propsing to her when I present her the puppy. She loves letters, and she loves labs so my chances should be 100% :p.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I'm in.

Not married though. Maybe we'll have a karma for that?

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
bd said:
[TASF said:
Overkill]I'm in.

To find you a wife?

bd
OK

Anybody know of any cute eligible ladies that wear a shirt on their head or that will at least be kool with a guy who always wears a shirt on his head?

Speak up now. Don't hold back. :p :p

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
tec said:
bd said:
[TASF said:
Overkill]I'm in.

To find you a wife?

bd
OK

Anybody know of any cute eligible ladies that wear a shirt on their head or that will at least be kool with a guy who always wears a shirt on his head?

Speak up now. Don't hold back. :p :p
Yeah, I've got a cousin, she's got a real pretty face...........

bd :wink:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well im not married yet but this is how i would go about it.

The date- You take a whole day going down memory lane. Start with taking her to the first place that you met her. Then take her to the place of your very first date. Maybe the first place you shared that first kiss. Then after all of that you take her to a nice restraunt. Through out the day drop hints of how you feel about her and how life wouldnt be the same without her. Then coming towards the end of the date when you want to propose. Have this all set up before the date. You get a big gold fish bowl or aquarium and fill it up with water and a whole bunch of goldfish or anyother kind of fish just alot of them. Then on the bottom put something like a heart made out of rocks with one of those clams or treasure chest in the middle and put the ring in it. The when you propse you say"her name " Out of all the fish in the sea i found that you are the only one for me." Then pop the question. Another idea is to write your propsal with the rocks on the bottom of the aquarium or anything else you want to spell it out with. I hope you like my idea and consider it for your proposal. Good Luck, Ryan

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I met my future wife in physical therapy. She was my therapist for an on duty injury. I began dating her after the therapy finished. We were over her place one night on the couch heavily involved in a "discussion." I guess it was the moment (sure was), but I blurted out, "I want you to have my kids." She asked if that was a proposal. I, at a loss for words at first, stuttered, "Uh, uh, uh," then said, "I guess so." She said she accepted and we were married about 4 or 5 months later.

The package came with her 4yr old daughter, who is now my 29 daughter and the mother of my 4 grandchildren. We also exhanged vows during the ceremony. I accepted her as my daughter and she accepted me as her father. I gave her a chain with a cross and she gave me a chain with a Star of David. My daughter never did understand why she didn't get to go on the honeymoon or our anniverary dinners. lol.

It's been 24yrs and 2 additional children.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Here is one a bit more romantic and you might want to consider.

My son (23) was married Aug 20. He and his then fiance went to Vegas for some relaxation. While she was downstairs, he laid out rose petals he had purchased in a path from the hotel room door (inside) to the bed and on the bed. Yes, just like the movie. He also had numerous lit candles thru out the room. When she returned, he got down on 1 knee and proposed to her. He told me his heart was beating so hard that his future wife said she could hear it! Also, at first, he forgot what he was going to say, but he finally got it out.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yah, that's not really my style. Hell I don't even let doctors put needles in me if it can be avoided. If it's a choice between feeling better tomorrow from a shot or two weeks on oral meds, I'll take the pills thank you.

Had dinner w/ a buddy tonight and him knowing my girl and I said "Yah, I can see the invitations now... 'for gift suggestions, the happy couple is registered at Kohl's and Cabella's'"

·
Registered
454 Posts
Add me please.

I asked my wife on a historic community bridge just above one of our favorite fishing holes. She had no clue, told her I just wanted to go by and check the water levels to see if the fish were congregating in the fishing hole. Needless to say we didn't make it that far. Got down on one knee and popped the question. of course 4 days earlier I had asked her parents for her hand and filled them in on the plan and showed them the ring and stuff all has been great since...going on 8 years married now.

thanks for the karma.

·
Registered
725 Posts
in like FLYNN
<<<--------

first did the gentleman and cleared it with her dad first
we went for a nice dinner in pittsburgh
then we went up the incline (a sort of trollie that climbs a mountain) up to mt washington

once up there we walked out on these platforms that hang out over the hill side and u have this view

but it was at night

she was standing in front of me.. there were alot of people around.. i took the ring out..
almost about to puke.. i got on one knee, she had her back to me.. people started to gasp and stuff..
she turned around to see what was going on.. she started crying and just said yes.. we hug blah blah

my other choice but i ran out of time.. as our wedding was hurried for reasons..
but anyways i have a friend that is an officer, i wanted to drive through his area
have him pull me over make this huge scene, put me in the car, saying i was some pimp, drug dealer
then have her come to the police car and im sitting there with a ring

another twist was to be dressed up like an officer.. pull her over then my friend would have me
walk up to the car and propose.. he didnt like that :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts