Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second trip to the range with my XD .40 SC and shot 243 out of 250 :D . Got in a hurry at the end and shot a few low into the second section on the farthest out rapid fire shooting :( . I think I was pushing or pulling it down. The SC shot flawlessly. It's only the third time I've ever even been to a range.
Only missed three questions on the written exam. Now I have to wait for my certificate and mail it all off. 8)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Passed mine tonight,, I'm getting better with the XD as well, the 3 yard and 7 yard groupings actually blew away sections of the paper rather than individual holes, so that must be good (or bad if you are the BG :))

We did have one person with a jam during the checkout, so he lost 10 points because of it (was a 2 shot grouping). He still easily passed...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I, too, qualified for my CHL last weekend (I highly recommend Jim Whitty, he teaches at the Gander Mountain in Sugar Land, get it all done in ONE day!). It was the second time I shot my XD9SC, and it led me to a 244/250.

Paperwork is on it's way to Austin as of yesterday morning!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
haha and I thought Texas would just check your pulse and give you the OK.

That's probably how it was when I lived there :D

Formally from Sugar Land, by the way...

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
[TASF said:
Maverick]haha and I thought Texas would just check your pulse and give you the OK.
That's about what it is in South Dakota. 10 minutes to fill out the form, $10, and you get a CPP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts