Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good parts supplier for factory XDm parts? The tech at Springfield recommended XDguys, but after multiple phone messages and emails over the last couple of weeks I can't even get them to call me. A lady answered the phone a couple of times and she was nice enough and said she would get Rich to call me right away but he never did. Springfield won't sell a lot of parts (ie. extractors) for some reason or I'd just buy from them. After doing a quick search here it's apparent that I can't expect any joy from XDguys. Should have done that search before calling them. I'll try calling Springer Precision in the morning. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
XD-HS2000.com
Pistol gear
Powder river precision
Springer Precision
Canyon Creek sells aftermarket, not sure about OEM

And springfield should sell you any part accept the slide, the frame, and the extractor.

The extractor is not available from anyone unless someone has come out with an aftermarket in the last few months.

There was one in the works but I have not seen it released yet.

What parts do you need?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically trying to put together a spares kit to keep our class guns going through the summer season. They'll be all XDm's - half a dozen each in .45 ACP and .40 S&W. Mainly looking for the most easily lost and/or broken springs and pins, plus ejectors, extractors and what have you. Open to suggestions from you folks. I've had my own XDm's for awhile, but haven't beat them up like these are likely to be. Would like to keep them all factory parts, but aftermarket would be ok as long as it's comparable to the factory part. Don't want to change spring weights, triggers or any of that if it's avoidable. It would be nice if someone sold an armorers parts kit. (Maybe they do?) Talked to Kyle at Springer a little while ago and it sounds like they'll be able to help with quite a bit of it.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Unless you find an aftermarket extractor, they will not be available, Springfield is picky on that......they will replace it if you send the slide in though and have great customer service.

All the places I listed should be able to help you.

I have never heard/seen an armors kit, if it exists, please let us know.......

Good luck.....

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I don't list all of the parts I have and don`t advertise that I carry them, I make people call to find out exactly whats in stock.

Suggest

Trigger Spring
Grip safety Spring
A whole gang of Roll Pins

Those are the most broken parts, every thing else is just overkill. The extractor has to be fitted and the ejector only breaks if you use an extended magazine and shove it it while the slide is locked back.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I don't list all of the parts I have and don`t advertise that I carry them, I make people call to find out exactly whats in stock.

Suggest

Trigger Spring
Grip safety Spring
A whole gang of Roll Pins

Those are the most broken parts, every thing else is just overkill. The extractor has to be fitted and the ejector only breaks if you use an extended magazine and shove it it while the slide is locked back.
James, do you replace extractors? Or is that still something the slide has to go back to springfield?

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I have a couple, but they are used. That is a part that once it it fitted for a certain caliber you can`t (at least reliably) use it in a different caliber gun. This is the reason they engrave part of the serial number on the extractors arm.....it is fit to that particular slide. So it would be an S.A. thing.

I thought Springer or PRP was going to make a aftermarket one?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I have a couple, but they are used. That is a part that once it it fitted for a certain caliber you can`t (at least reliably) use it in a different caliber gun. This is the reason they engrave part of the serial number on the extractors arm.....it is fit to that particular slide. So it would be an S.A. thing.

I thought Springer or PRP was going to make a aftermarket one?
yeah I could have sworn Daniel @ PRP was working on one and gave us a sneak peak, but I cant seem to find the thread or find any after-market extractors.

I figured it was a Springfield installed only item

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like XD's but just bought a compact .45 and the triggerbar spring broke after about 150 rds. I know anything can break but you cant buy spare XD parts, the guns have to be shipped back to Springfield...not good in the times we live in, terrorist attacks, civil unrest etc...I want a gun that I could repair myself easily with parts I can keep on hand just in case. Just traded my XD (dont trust it now) for a Glock 34. Still like XD's but I wanna know that parts are available for a gun I rely on. If a little spring in an XD breaks and shipping it back isnt an option, you have a really expensive paper weight. BTW it took 17 days to get my Xd back from repair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts