Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a thread on this topic already but I wanted everyone to see it....

While shooting a local match this past weekend, a very good friend of mine who shoots an XD in L-10 had a trigger bar return spring break 2 stages from the end of the match. Seeing how several of our group shoot XD's, someone loaned him an XD so he could finish the match. Afterwards the discussion of our group turned to how dissapointing it was going to be to have to send a gun back to the factory for such as a simple spring replacement. This in turn revealed several folks ager in SA for their new policy.

Indoor league is on tuesday night so he went home and immediately called the person who did his trigger job (canyon-Creek) and Rich quickly sent him out a replacement spring. He then proceeded to email SA and voice his concern about not being able to own back-up parts and informing them of just how many people we shoot with that have purchased these fine guns. I think there are 10 of us that own XD's and many of us own more than one, some more that 3 or 4 and most of these guns are not plinkers, they get serious use with some seeing 2000-3000 rounds down the pipe per month. There is nothing worse than being at a match and something breaking at the wrong time. This is the reason that myself and several others in our group own backup match guns or at least guns that can be canabalized for a part to get us through the day if needed.

SA sent him an email back stating that they WILL ship replacement parts that are NON GUNSMITH instaled. Defining this may be another matter but I plan to call myself today and see what the chances are of ordering a few parts to keep on hand.

Thought I would let you all know.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Funny I wonder what "NON GUNSMITH INSTALLED". Given the XD DVD that is out, almost any Joe could take the thing apart now.

From what I've experienced is if you can call in and tell them the part that you need then most likely you'll get it. If you call in and go "yeah uh the little pin on top of my slide is broke what can I do to fix it", they're going to start giving you a RMA# to write down.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Glen's or Craig's?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Seems SA is trying to lose whatever gains it made against the BLOCK (read Glock) in the recent years. It really is a shame as the XD is a better gun overall.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts