Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Columbus OH. This is posted at the driveway entrance to a commercial office park. Not the entrance to a specific building, but the driveway entrance to multiple buildings that have dozens of different and non connected businesses. I've seen entrances posted at schools, maybe even (individually owned) hospitals. But how can an area that serves multiple businesses and is not government property be posted as a GFZ? This hold any water?

"I miss America"

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Parking lots are not enforceable in oklahoma.
The small print of the sign above says "unless authorized by law" which leads me to believe that if I have a concealed handgun license I'm G2G in this parking lot.
On another note, concealed is concealed !

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parking lots are not enforceable in oklahoma.
The small print of the sign above says "unless authorized by law" which leads me to believe that if I have a concealed handgun license I'm G2G in this parking lot.
On another note, concealed is concealed !
"unless authorized by law" " is common verbiage on GFZ signs here in Ohio. And it doesn't apply to us lowly peons. Only LEO.

"I miss America"

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have seen the same sign in Canton Oh. as well. It is at a parking lot entrance that allows access to many stores and restaurants. I did not see it at first until I left, but now I am more mindful.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Perhaps the entire property is owned by an anti-, and the individual businesses are lessees.

Then the question becomes, what rights do leaseholders have in OH?

And the ultimate question is, will the bad guys obey the signs, or use it to identify easy pickins?

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Well I know what parking lot I would not be putting my car at, nor would I shop at those businesses...

As far as legal, In Ohio it would not surprise me.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I've hinted at this before. In regards to this retarded sign I will be more clear. I pocket carry and I do so pretty much wherever I want to. I am not saying we should all do this, but what is in my pocket is my business.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Most they can do is ask you to leave... It's private property not a government build or a hospital...

Sent from my iPad mini using taptalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would think a concealed carry license makes you legal. It does in Utah. I know the laws in Ohio have gotten much better since I had mine the first year it was available in Ohio. We have signs in quite a few shopping malls around here... But state law makes you legal when you have a license.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Then go in to all the air hand dryers and post:

Stand by for a brief message from our president.

Reactions: thamm

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Note that it says "unless authorized by law"....

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Then go in to all the air hand dryers and post:

Stand by for a brief message from our president.
I have thought about putting that sticker on my ass after a Taco Bell run.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would think a concealed carry license makes you legal. It does in Utah. I know the laws in Ohio have gotten much better since I had mine the first year it was available in Ohio. We have signs in quite a few shopping malls around here... But state law makes you legal when you have a license.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not in Ohio

"I miss America"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts