Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a Parker Hale Model 1200 on both Armslist and Gunbroker (2 different rifles), both in 300 WM.

From what I've read, these are very accurate rifles. Both have BEAUTIFUL stocks.

Any reason to avoid? Any personal experience?

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Armslist guy is asking $600 + $50 for shipping and FFL transfer. I think this is a touch high according to Gun Value listings on a 1200. Gunbroker listing is currently at $399 but not sure where it will end up.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
That's a beautiful bolt gun.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I did a little reading and it seems like it was a department store brand, JC Penney to be exact.

No raving reviews of its accuracy unless properly bedded. I wouldn't pay $600 for it. Maybe $500 total, plus that scope looks like a cheap Tasco from Wally World

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They didn't all come through JCP, but you're right it's a Simmons scope and not worth much.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
They didn't all come through JCP, but you're right it's a Simmons scope and not worth much.
Yeah, not surprising. Stock looks like it's been taken care of from what I can see... I'd check the action for excessive wobble and the crown for any damage if you do end up buying it. I don't like buying used guns... done a couple deals and they turned out to be a little less of a fair deal than I had previously thought.

I'd give $500 total for it, no higher. But then again I'm not in the market for a 300 WM

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Perhaps $350-400 without the scope? Then put on some Leopuld or Nikon glass.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
It would also be fun to shoot with irons. To me at least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts