Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just looking on some feedback from anyone that has this weapon.

Para USA, High-Quality Handguns: Products

I'm interested in this model because of the high capacity and a double action trigger on a 1911. They call it a light double action trigger because the trigger pull is supposedly the same whether you are using it as single action or double action.

My other question is whether or not this double action trigger will make it incompatible with a .22 conversion kit.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Currently I own a Para 7 shot LDA and a 14 shot LDA. I really like both as they have a smooth/short stroke trigger and realtively short reset.

Todd Jarrett is a factory shooter/competiter for Para.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
I don't know if the trigger will make it incompatible or not but that wide assed grip will.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I was enamored by the Para Hi-Caps (P14-45) a while back but passed as I don't believe they are "true" 1911s in a sense that they may look similar to a 1911 but their parts are not interchangable with a "real" 1911.

You'll notice there is no mention of '1911' on that web site. They are known as "1911-style" guns.

I went with a couple of Springfield 1911s instead. I like the Para Hi-Caps, but for the money I would rather buy either a real 1911, or another XD.

Not that they are bad guns, they just aren't to my taste.

Cheers! M2

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I was enamored by the Para Hi-Caps (P14-45) a while back but passed as I don't believe they are "true" 1911s in a sense that they may look similar to a 1911 but their parts are not interchangable with a "real" 1911.

Cheers! M2
Most of the Para parts are interchangable with standard 1911's. The mags on the double stacks aren't of course and the trigger parts of the LDA guns.

I've got a P14.45, great gun. Try asking that question on the Para forum on 1911Forum.com - 1911 news, reviews, and more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts