Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help figuring out the answer to this. I just got a Para HiCap45 and want some new grips.
I have been told 2 different things.
1. They take standard Gov't grips. Was told this by a grip maker I respect and hae done business with in the past.

2. they take special grips like the 14-45.

I tend to believe the 2nd more than the first, but I really want the first to be true.

If anyone has the answer, or lives in SE MI and has a set of gov't grips they would like to let me use for 10 minutes to test fit I'd appreciate it

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Hi-cap 1911s take different grips than standard 1911s. Hogue makes a wrap-around that I put on my Rock Island Hi-cap.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey genesis,

Those carbon fiber grips look nice but, wow, they are pricey! Good luck. Have you tried E-bay? You might get lucky and find someone wanting to part with a set.

Mo'

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I end up getting them, I can never, ever sell the gun. there is no way I would ever get anywhere close to what I put into it.
It's especially bad because I could only use them on a Para.
Someone somewhere has to have what I want for less than that though.
I contacted grashorns gunworks about a pair of Elk Stags for it. I'm hoping they can come through for me since I have a credit with them. Oh and also they do great work, I have set on a revolver and they're great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts