Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The price is right, it has the trigger block features I like and a stainless barrel. The beauty of a 1911 is that its parts are readily changeable. What I want is something reasonable that has a good barrel, a forged frame and slide that fit. Does the Para ordnance have that? If not who does at a reasonable price? I'm not interested in a race gun but I don't mind redoing a gun to get what I want, which is pretty modest - dependability. Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
para's are cast frames and mostly mim parts. I liked my para gi expert until my extractor broke off at around the 500 round mark. Para customer servive sucks. Ended up selling it and never looking back

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Ruger SR1911. Best bang for the buck (especially with a 1911 made entirely in the US of A)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Parts aren't really interchangeable on 1911's anymore. With so many manufactures building guns and parts and not all of them with the same specs, fitting is often required.

I'm not so sure Para is the way to go anymore. The Ruger looks nice, Springfield Armory makes quality guns too. I bought a Colt Combat Elite to have worked over for the 100th anniversary, it drives tacks and I've been enjoying it so much it hasn't made it to a custom shop yet.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Be careful what you buy these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts