Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the range last weekend with my SAXD9SC. I have been looking for a 1911 full-size for about four months now and trying to look at and research many of them. While at the range they had a PARA GI Expert 1911 45 so I rented it just to get a feel for shooting this platform and the caliber. First impression, way more accurate then my sub-compact. Mostly due to longer barrel. I thought the boom-boom would have been overwhelming too. It was more of a sluggish boom/kick and not a snappy as my 9mm. First mag, in fact, first shot was dead center at 25ft. I do not know much about the PARA offerings as I have been looking at Springfield and Kimber. I feel now that I need a lot more range time with other options/brands prior to making my decision. I know a lot of folks here say a 1911 is a 1911 is a 1911, but damn this is hard to "pull the trigger" on purchase. I have almost $900 to spend too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
check out the rock island tacticals. sub-500 price range and have heard nothing but positives on them. once i get some money together, i will have a nickel RIA tactical in my possession.

with 900 to spend, you have a lot of options though.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
citadel its RIAs premo look around can be had for 489. Run from Kimber not worth the money whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Glad to hear that you had a chance to try the Heavy Metal....it's definitely worth the spend to have one in your collection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts