Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So I am building an AR for my wife for christmas. This is strickly going to be a range plinker type gun. I have a spikes lower and a PSA lpk. Does anyone know anything about PSA's stock kit? I see it is milspec, just wondering if I should spend the 49 bucks on it or go for the tapco for $60. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hi guys,

So I am building an AR for my wife for christmas. This is strickly going to be a range plinker type gun. I have a spikes lower and a PSA lpk. Does anyone know anything about PSA's stock kit? I see it is milspec, just wondering if I should spend the 49 bucks on it or go for the tapco for $60. Thanks for any advice!
I would much prefer the PSA to Tapco. My last lower build used the PSA mil-spec CTR stock kit, which they uppgraded to an H buffer for a $9 charge, mounted on a PSA lower.

Tapco is kind of bottom of the barrel, right above UTG and NC Star.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Anyone have any issues with this kit? I saw them for $35 a year ago and grabbed it up as a spare parts kit. However... Now I have everything for my next build except the stock parts. Rather than wait I'm thinking of just using the PSA kit already in my possession. I don't want to stake it and then remove it... Worth it or wait to get the Spikes kit through Joe Bobs?

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Anyone have any issues with this kit? I saw them for $35 a year ago and grabbed it up as a spare parts kit. However... Now I have everything for my next build except the stock parts. Rather than wait I'm thinking of just using the PSA kit already in my possession. I don't want to stake it and then remove it... Worth it or wait to get the Spikes kit through Joe Bobs?
Just use the PSA kit. It's only a stock assembly my man... you would gain nothing by opting for a more expensive kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts