Thanks for the head's up...:)

·
Registered
17,759 Posts
Yah..might be getting me one!

·
Registered
44 Posts
is this a good lower for a ar-15 build seems soo cheap... I'm new the the build your own as i've have only shot a bushmaster in the past.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have 2 of these lowers, and will be ordering a couple more. They are top notch. You will not find a better lower for a better price than this.

·
Registered
17,759 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Do I spend money I dont need to spend? I hate missing deals like this.:cry: I think I would prefer to build an AR-10 though.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Do I spend money I dont need to spend? I hate missing deals like this.:cry: I think I would prefer to build an AR-10 though.
I wasn't planning on spending on weapons for a good long while but I am tempted to not pass this up.
I am with you guys. I need to pay for grad school (I just started and have a loan, but I would like to make payments before I graduate so that I can enjoy the raise I get when I am done). This deal is so tempting though, but I know if I get a lower it will quickly grow into another rifle, which I don't really need. Ohhh BRD truly hurts. :sad:

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
I am with you guys. I need to pay for grad school (I just started and have a loan, but I would like to make payments before I graduate so that I can enjoy the raise I get when I am done). This deal is so tempting though, but I know if I get a lower it will quickly grow into another rifle, which I don't really need. Ohhh BRD truly hurts. :sad:
agreed.

50 bucks turns into 80 at the FFL

the 80 turns into 150 or more for the lower kit

the 150 turns into 500 or more for the upper

then sights and the cool "zombie hunter" flappy thing that all the cool kids have on their AR's...

I think I need to wait until my pockets are better equipped.

·
Registered
793 Posts
agreed.

then sights and the cool "zombie hunter" flappy thing that all the cool kids have on their AR's...

Yup, I think I will just get a nice sling for my current rifle. That should satsify the need for more ar stuff, shouldn't it? :shock:

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
agreed.

You're $30 ahead though... and if you have the strength to wait now, why wouldn't you have the strength to get the lower(s) and put them up until your pockets are better equipped before you build out?

Oh, and if your FFL is charging you $30 per transfer, you need to find a new FFL. Mine charges $18, and I still think I could do better than that, but they're right across the street from where I work, so convenience seems to be worth something... ;)

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
You're $30 ahead though... and if you have the strength to wait now, why wouldn't you have the strength to get the lower(s) and put them up until your pockets are better equipped before you build out?

Oh, and if your FFL is charging you $30 per transfer, you need to find a new FFL. Mine charges $18, and I still think I could do better than that, but they're right across the street from where I work, so convenience seems to be worth something... ;)

i was figuring shipping plus a $22 FFL fee

·
Registered
265 Posts
They ship for a flat $7, so you're close... $57 + 22. They're regularly priced at $79.95... you're still saving $30 bucks man. I have the disease... but I pieced my first one together because money's tight for me too. Got the LPK, then the lower, got it assembled, then lucked into a used upper that was what I wanted right at the time I got a nice expense check, then got the stock and some mags. Took me a few weeks, but it didn't hurt as bad, and in the end I had a rifle and a big smile on my face. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts