Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for info or your opinion.

I will possibly be looking into getting some aftermarket sights.
until then i might as we'll play with the stock.

has anyone filled in the site dimples to make them easier to clean? or this there a reason why they are recessed.

2nd i have a hard time with all three sites being of the black and white nature. going to color the front a different color.. suggestions on what to use?
nail polish?

thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
I cleaned the original out with a paper clip and then "filled" the holes with a very super fine paintbrush and testors gloss bright white enamel...they look good.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I filled mine with hi-vis yellow from WM. Really makes the sights jump out at you. Had the paint left over from another project. If I were buying the paint for this purpose, I would get 2 different colors; yellow front, green or orange on the rear.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i put orange crayon in mine... works great. change anytime with a toothpick or paperclip and 60 seconds.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I use nail polish on mine and its been very durable and bright.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
$10 or $20 bucks for some high viz paint is a whole lot easier on the pocket book than $50 to $100 for aftermarket sight.

·
Registered
334 Posts
BeardXXXd said:
[TASF said:
Overkill]White-out. :)
uR gh3y haXOr
what the...??? whats with the alien lingo....looks like some hacker or gaming board now... :roll:

actually, white out works quite well...that was not a joke

prehacker days had a lot of links to dayglo paints and such for painting sights...got mine at michaels or any craft store.

mike

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MikeA said:
what the...??? whats with the alien lingo....looks like some hacker or gaming board now... :roll:

WE BOTH DO COMPUTER STUFF IT WAS A JOKE

actually, white out works quite well...that was not a joke

SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD FLAKE OUT FROM RECOIL, BUT ILL TRY IT SOMETIME

prehacker days had a lot of links to dayglo paints and such for painting sights...got mine at michaels or any craft store.

THANKS FOR THE INFO AND DIRECTION
GO STILLERS!

mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts