Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before we get too into these pics, YES I am aware of the over-spray on the bottom of my scope and several areas around the back of the bolt. I thought I was going to be doing the entire gun, then changed my mind this morning. So far, WD-40 and elbow grease have gotten the paint off the barrel, I just need to give the metal parts some TLC and make sure they're well-oiled after being handled so much over the last two days. It's airing out on my kitchen counter at the moment. I'll probably leave it there until tomorrow morning and then clean it good. This is a $230 rifle and a $130 scope, it's not the end of the world if the paint starts chipping off (at least to me it isn't), plus I like the finished product. It's a $300 deer rifle owned by a 19 year old kid, not a $3000 sniper rifle either. :razz:

Base coat.

Buddy applying a textured paint to give it some more grip.

First couple sets of brown and green stripes.

Close up.

Getting closer to being finished.

Another angle.

Done!

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Nice job.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dude-you got overspray on the scope!!:lol:

Seriously, looks pretty good. One question, why not do the entire rifle, scope, barrel, everything?? I used to have a Remmy 700 in Nudieflage:p

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Dude-you got overspray on the scope!!:lol:

Seriously, looks pretty good. One question, why not do the entire rifle, scope, barrel, everything?? I used to have a Remmy 700 in Nudieflage:p
+1. That would be [email protected]$$! Looks awesome the way you did it too, though.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about doing the entire gun, and I MAY do it sometime this week. Shouldn't be hard to cover the stock and just do the barrel, action, and scope.

I've thought about taking it out in the woods sometime tomorrow or Sunday and either having a friend tell me how visible it is, or walk 30-40 feet away and see how broken up the outline of the gun is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts