Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Long time lurker, just made the plunge last weekend and picked me up a 9mm xds (3.3")

I'm taking it to the range probably tomorrow or weds for the first time. It's only had the test round put through it and didn't have any paint issues when I first got it. I've been carrying it around in a pocket holster to get used to it that was provided by Crimson Trace in the laser guard box.

Some how the piece below the barrel has chips around the edge. I'm kind of clueless why. I don't think it was like that from the store - I would have noticed it for sure.

If anyone has words of advice for a newbie, it would be much appreciated.

Is there a decent way of covering the chipped parts up? A sharpie did cross my mind lol. :roll:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only my spyderco knife but that's clipped onto the top of my pocket. The holster covers the barrel all the way with about an inch to spare.

Maybe I completely missed it? I didn't know if that was the norm or not. Not like it's a problem...just curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I use 44/40 on my blued surfaces. Works pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Only my spyderco knife but that's clipped onto the top of my pocket. The holster covers the barrel all the way with about an inch to spare.

Maybe I completely missed it? I didn't know if that was the norm or not. Not like it's a problem...just curious.

"You should only have the gun in the pocket"... A RULE TO FOLLOW WHEN YOU POCKET CARRY.

Sorry to be rude or blunt... but many people make the mistake of having something else along with their gun in the same pocket. Even your additional magazine should not be in the same pocket as the gun.

Now, going back to your chip issue.. it might be caused by your pocket knife or it might be already there when you bought the gun but never paid attention. Its a metal rod and can't get nicked so easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts