Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I gave my XD gear holster the "Fobus Twist Test" where I basically grabbed, twisted, and pulled while wearing the holster, in the same manner as an assailant performing a rear gun grab would. Needless to say, this completely ruined the XD-gear holster by marring all the little bumps that keep it index in position. It also loosened the screw. I wouldn't recommend this holster for duty use.

I can still use the holster, I just have to permanently attach it to the paddle now. Granted, its rare for any holster to see this kind of abuse, but the rotating holsters that attach at a single point are particularly vulnerable to it.

That said, I have a question about paddle holsters. Simply put: Which kydex paddle holster is most secure on the belt? That is to say, it resists lift-off and lateral movement the best?

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
The Blade Tech paddle attachment is very secure.
The tightest fitting paddle holster I have used is the Safariland 560, but it is a leather holster with suede linning.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just taking a moment to needlessly bash the XD gear holster a little more....
:p

I ruined it, so I figured I'd fix the bumps best I could, pick a configuration that I liked, and JBweld it in place. It's too big for concealed carry, and even though the bottom of the paddle is so tight its difficult to even put over jeans w/o belt, the top belt channel is so enourmously huge that the thing flops and slides all over my belt between any two given sets of loops. So I was thinking of using it as carjacker cross-draw that I could put on in the car, but since it slides around so much, drawing cross draw actually drags the holster without pulling out the gun. Tactical-type use is kind of out. It doesn't look like it would stay put at a dead run. I may be able to add some kind of leather stabilizer. The doo-dads on this holster are so neat I don't want to just throw it away, but the paddle is pretty lame. Worse than Fobus and Uncle Mike, who are the entry-level paddles.

Any ideas on what a good use for this thing is? Maybe bolt it to my dashboard or something...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts