Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help choosing one to fit my needs. Just looking for easy on an off nothing thru the belt must be owb. Reason I need one is because I'm a lefty so having to remove my belt when I get to the truck simply to run one of my holsters thru just ain't what I want. I sure as heck don't feel comfortable on those days that I make quick after work stops at the grocery store, pump gas etc. If you guys have any pics of your set up or any ideas of holsters I could try it would help out a ton. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I like the Blackhawk Serpa CQC with the paddle holster attachment.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I need help choosing one to fit my needs. Just looking for easy on an off nothing thru the belt must be owb. Reason I need one is because I'm a lefty so having to remove my belt when I get to the truck simply to run one of my holsters thru just ain't what I want. I sure as heck don't feel comfortable on those days that I make quick after work stops at the grocery store, pump gas etc. If you guys have any pics of your set up or any ideas of holsters I could try it would help out a ton. Thanks in advance.
You remove your gun/holster every time you get in/out of your vehicle? :shock: Why????

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No on the weekends it stays on me all the time. Its a problem when I go to work. When I leave in the morning to work I leave the house with the gun in my hand till I get in the truck than I put it up. But when I get out of work I sometimes make stops on the way home so I want an easy to put on holster. (My employer dosent allow firearms, knifes on premises company policy)

·
Registered
897 Posts
No on the weekends it stays on me all the time. Its a problem when I go to work. When I leave in the morning to work I leave the house with the gun in my hand till I get in the truck than I put it up. But when I get out of work I sometimes make stops on the way home so I want an easy to put on holster. (My employer dosent allow firearms, knifes on premises company policy)
I wear an Aliengear IWB anytime I'm dressed. If I have to disarm, the gun comes out. And I walk around with an empty holster. Very easy. Never have to remove holster. Pants fit the same weather I'm armed or not. What's to keep you from doing something like this?

Only time having a holster w no weapon has caused me issues is when I was searched in DC a few months ago by secret service. They couldn't grasp (believe me) that I had a holster but no weapon.

"I miss America"

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I wear an Aliengear IWB anytime I'm dressed. If I have to disarm, the gun comes out. And I walk around with an empty holster. Very easy. Never have to remove holster. Pants fit the same weather I'm armed or not. What's to keep you from doing something like this?

Only time having a holster w no weapon has caused me issues is when I was searched in DC a few months ago by secret service. They couldn't grasp (believe me) that I had a holster but no weapon.

"I miss America"
LOVE this...simple, effective AND sticking it to the Gov't douchenozzles...Win freakin win!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am a heavy equipment tech uniform shirts tucked in I can't do a holster on all day I do lots of moving climbing crouch rolling on the ground it would scratch that holster all up in 5 mins. An the questioning of why there's a holster on my side.

·
Registered
897 Posts
It's an IWB. All but a leather flap is outside the pants. I carry a full size XD9 and am just as active as you in my line of work. Crawling through attics ladders etc. it's a tuckable holster. Shirt tucked in (as you prefer) and no one can tell.

As to the question of why a holster? (Though they'd never see it). Why is it any of their business if your not breaking any laws or policies. A holster isn't banned anywhere. Not even DC.

"I miss America"

·
Registered
115 Posts

I know you said you didn't want anything that attaches to the belt but you may want to look into something smaller such as this

I get in and out all the time out of my work car, climbing from the front to the back etc etc. Rarely do I remove my weapon but when I need to ,i do and leave this on. No one is the wiser nor do you know its there, looks like a simple phone case to the normal person if it does ever show which it doesn't due to it being tiny

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Fobus is my prefered paddle holster and they make LH ones.
Fobus is ok, but a weak design with poor mat'l. Fine for casual carry but Kydex is more durable. Check out the COmptac line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use a Bladetech Eclipse. They come as owb but can be converted to iwb. I use it iwb with the snap belt loops. I am in a similar situation to the op and some of the others where I can't always carry at work. I slip it on and off without taking my belt off all the time.

I also have a Blackhawk Serpa with the paddle. It worked OK for me. I ended up filing down some of the hooks because they were so sharp. And the books still work so well that I sometimes have trouble getting it off.

Edited because my auto correct changed owb to own; I changed it back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts