Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my blackhawk! serpa holster in the mail today, and it came with a "paddle" attachment. Being a noob, I'm a bit clueless what to do with it, but I'd guess it's for shoving down my pants when I don't have a belt to attach it to, yeah? Let me know if I'm getting it wrong.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I just got my blackhawk! serpa holster in the mail today, and it came with a "paddle" attachment. Being a noob, I'm a bit clueless what to do with it, but I'd guess it's for shoving down my pants when I don't have a belt to attach it to, yeah? Let me know if I'm getting it wrong.
Yep, even with a regular belt on( and even better). A lot of us feel the Blackhawk Serpa (or serpa II in my case) works best with the paddle holster. Try it, run with it. Draw it, get used to the release button. Notice, your finger comes out on the slide (safety first). Very nice and intelligent choice!

Good choice!:D

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
how is this holster concealment wise? does it stick out very far away from your hip or stay pretty close against it

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Yeah, I love my Serpa II. It is my choice when I open carry or go to the range.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't seem to stick out much...but concealment doesn't really matter here in good 'ole Ill since I can't.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
yeah that sucks i say jump the line into MO or IN ditch the communist state man

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Mine rides kinda tight. Good for me with baggy clothes, but I have the G22! W/G27??? Sweet! My Stepson aquired my 27 rig. (dangit!)

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it as a primary concealment holster, but it is a great option for when you are going to be wearing a jacket or something. Forget about it, if you are looking to conceal with a t-shirt or something. (OK, maybe if you are a XL, but wear a XXL you could conceal it, but you will look stupid. :))

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
The first holster I buy for a new pistol is a paddle holster of some kind. It is just too handy for those times you want to grab a gun on your way out and don't want to fool with full blown concealed carry.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought one like this at the gun show from wild bill's. It's nice, but this one looks a little easier. The two problems I have with mine are: It's not concealable at all and it holds the gun way to tight. It takes me two hands to get it out. Will probably end up selling on ebay. How tight is this paddle holster?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I bought one like this at the gun show from wild bill's. It's nice, but this one looks a little easier. The two problems I have with mine are: It's not concealable at all and it holds the gun way to tight. It takes me two hands to get it out. Will probably end up selling on ebay. How tight is this paddle holster?
The Serpa has a retention device that you release with your finger when drawing. There are several kinds of these and you may have one on your holster making you draw the gun by force. You could also have a retention adjustment screw that is too tight. Also, a lot of holsters, even Kydex, require some break-in.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The blackhawk serpa has an adjustable retention screw and the firearm locks in the holster until you release it by depressing the release tab. It is a paddle holster and a belt holster in one. It comes with the necessary hardware to quickly switch from one to the other.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I wear one everyday. I just wear a vest, oversize sweatshirt, pr hoodie over it and it conceals fine. I love this paddle holster.
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
i have been thinking about getting one, but i live in FL so i wear a jacket/ sweatshirt like 2 days of the year, so my IWB holster is all i ever carry with. still will probably buy one.

Dale what gun is your blackhawk for if its for an XD let me know before you put it on ebay.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah that sucks i say jump the line into MO or IN ditch the communist state man
Ha! Yeah, we're working on it, and the rumblings are that it won't be long until we get it passed. If it does, I may have an excuse to get myself a compact.
With that said, I did go ahead and put the paddle on, and have been walking around the house drawing and re holstering randomly. I certainly do like it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts